Craving resort-style poolside fare at home? We’ve got the perfect menu item for you (and it’s easy enough to make in your own backyard!). Inspired by popular eats and tropical flavors typically found in paradise, these spicy island veggie burgers are plant-based, gluten-free and will totally bring the heat. Pair your patties with homemade spicy sweet potato chips and enjoy the taste of summertime, any time!
Spicy Island Veggie Burgers
- 4 gluten-free burger buns
- 1/4 cup TigerNut Flour
- 1 Tbsp. flax meal
- 15- oz. chickpeas
- 1/4 cup Hilary’s Spicy Island Dressing
- 2 tsp. Redmond Garlic Salt
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1/2 tsp. cumin powder
- 1/4 tsp. turmeric
- 1/4 tsp. fennel
- 1/4 tsp. sage
- 1/4 tsp. rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. oregano
- Lettuce, tomato and red onion optional
Drain chickpeas. In large bowl, mash chickpeas until no chunks remain. Add all other ingredients and mix until well combined.
Form four patties and grill for 4 minutes on each side, or until golden brown.
Serve on gluten-free buns with fresh toppings and additional dressing, if desired.
- Nutrition facts do not include dressing.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!