Bob's Red Mill Organic Flaxseed Meal Description
Milling Flaxseeds is like opening a treasure chest. Flaxseeds contain a wealth of nutrients, but as whole seeds most of these nutritional treasures are locked away. Milling the seeds into meal gives your body access to the amazing nourishment stored within. In order to maintain the integrity of the wholesome nutrients in the flaxseed oil, the seeds must be milled with great care. That is why we don't make compromises or cut corners. Our proprietary flax milling machinery keeps the meal cool, which preserves the freshness of those precious oils. It's not the fastest way, but it's the right way, and it is absolutely worth the time and effort. The result is flaxseed meal with optimal nutrition and a fresh, nutty flavor you won't find anywhere else.
There is general agreement among experts of all sorts that folks should consume more omega-3s fatty acids to promote good health. Two tablespoons of Bob's Red Mill Flaxseed Meal offers 2430 mg of omega-3s. What's more, each serving provides 3 grams each of fiber and of protein. It's no wonder so many nutritionists urge you to add flaxseed to your daily diet. I add a tablespoon to my oatmeal every morning, and I truly believe there is no better way to start the day.
To your good health,
Vegan Egg Replacer
Combine 1 Tbsp flaxseed meal and 3 Tbsp water for each egg needed. Let sit for 5 minutes before adding to your recipe.
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (13 g)
Servings per Container: 70
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||4.5 g||6%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||3 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic whole flaxseed.
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy. Tested and confirmed Gluten Free in the quality control laboratory.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Mini Espresso and Chocolate Muffins
Ready for big chocolate taste in a mini muffin? With cacao and espresso powders, and dark chocolate chips, the flavor here is huge
. Dairy and gluten-free, and sweetened naturally with applesauce, honey and a bit of coconut sugar, these better-for-you bites hit your crave spot without triggering any guilt. Bake a batch of mighty
- 1 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- ¼ cup pHresh Cacao Powder
- 2 Tbsp. organic espresso powder
- 1 Tbsp. Bob’s Red Mill Ground Flaxseed
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ¼ tsp. Redmond Sea Salt
- 2 large organic eggs
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Refined Coconut Oil
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ¼ cup SunButter Sunflower Butter or Jem chocolate hazelnut butter
- 2 Tbsp. organic raw honey
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Coconut Sugar
- 1 tsp. Simply Organic Vanilla Extract
- ½ cup Hu Gems Dark Chocolate Chip
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line mini muffin pan with paper cups.
In large bowl, mix together paleo flour, cacao powder, espresso powder, ground flaxseed, baking soda and salt.
- Add remaining ingredients except for chocolate chips, and mix with electric beater on high for about 30 seconds or until batter becomes smooth and creamy. With spoon, fold in chocolate chips.
- Spoon batter into paper cups, filling each ¾ full. Don’t overfill.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes, until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
Refrigerate for 2 weeks or freeze up to 4 months.
Add the ingredients to your cart and make a batch!