Transform boring mashed potatoes into a colorful side that’ll impress family and guests. By swapping milk for a plant-based alternative and including garlic, buttery coconut oil and spinach, these superior spuds are warm, comforting and have exceptional flavor. Ready in a half an hour, they’re a fantastic addition to your holiday table, a great way to sneak veggies into your kid’s diet or perfect for pairing with your favorite protein any night of the week.
Spinach Mashed Potatoes
- 4 medium organic potatoes chopped into bite-sized cubes
- 1 brown onion sliced thinly
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. minced garlic
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/3 cup Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1/2 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 cup organic spinach packed
In pot, cover potatoes with 2” water. Bring to boil 17 minutes or until potatoes are completely soft. Drain.
Meanwhile, in frying pan over high heat, heat avocado oil. Cook onion a few minutes, stirring regularly so it doesn’t burn. Add garlic; continue cooking 2 minutes.
In pot, combine potatoes, macadamia milk, buttery coconut oil, sea salt and pepper. Mash until completely smooth. Stir in onions and spinach. Cover a few minutes to let hot potatoes wilt spinach.