Snacking is a strange gray area. You feel a little hunger – just enough for your mind to lose focus. But you also don’t want to spoil your next meal. What do you do? You make a snack that’s so black and white, it would be senseless not to eat it. Made with rich, creamy tahini, protein-packed collagen and coconut flour, these tan-brown protein bites are a recipe for balance – and clarity.
1 scoop Vital Proteins Marine Collagen Unflavored
6 Tbsp. coconut flour
1 tsp. reishi powder
1/2 cup cashews
1/2 cup almonds
3 large dates, pitted (or 2 Tbsp. sweetener of choice)
1/2 cup liquefied tahini
3 Tbsp. room temperature coconut oil
1 Tbsp. coconut butter
3 Tbsp. raw hemp hearts
1. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Combine all ingredients in a food processor or high-speed blender and process until a thick dough consistency.
3. Roll dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet, making sure to keep them about 1/2-inch apart. Repeat until all dough is used. Sprinkle with sesame seeds, if desired.
4. Transfer to the freezer to set.
5. Once hard and solidified, move collagen snack balls to an air-tight container and store in the refrigerator for up to 1 week.