Salads and green smoothies are certainly vital to any healthy, plant-based diet. But what if your sweet tooth strikes and cravings start creeping in? You simply make these vegan muffins! They’re made with tart blueberries and mashed bananas, and they’re topped with a crunchy oat crumble. Whether you pop a few in your mouth for breakfast, eat them as an afternoon snack or turn them into an after-dinner dessert, these bite-sized, vegan treats will satisfy your need for sweets.
Yields about 32
2 cups unbleached white flour (can use gluten-free flour or oat flour)
1 cup coconut sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
1/4 tsp. vanilla bean powder
3 very ripe bananas
1/2 cup blueberries
1/2 cup almond milk
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 Tbsp. rolled oats, crushed
1 Tbsp. golden flax seeds
2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a mini muffin tray with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together dry ingredients: flour, sugar, baking soda, cinnamon and pink salt.
- In a separate medium bowl, mash bananas and add in milk and vanilla powder. Pour into wet ingredients and mix to combine. (If necessary, use a hand mixer.)
- Gently fold in blueberries.
- Scoop out about two heaping tablespoons of batter for each muffin and place in muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, combine topping ingredients, making sure oats are crumbled. Sprinkle topping over top of each muffin.
- Bake for 20-2 minutes until golden brown or cooked through.