Oven-baked oatmeal is here to make mornings easier. Producing 16 servings, this gluten-free breakfast treat is fruity, nutritious and will feed you all week long. Made without artificial ingredients, it’s lightly sweetened with maple syrup, bananas and blueberries. For an additional protein boost, add one to two scoops of your favorite protein powder – just remember to include an extra one-fourth cup of milk for a single scoop, or one-third cup of milk if you use two.
Make-Ahead Baked Banana Berry Oatmeal
- 2 cups gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ cup almonds chopped and divided
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Pinch Himalayan pink salt
- 1/3 cup pure maple syrup
- 2 cups unsweetened almond milk
- 1 Tbsp. egg replacer
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ bananas peeled and sliced into ½”-thick pieces, divided
- 2 cups fresh or frozen blueberries divided
- Optional Toppings: coconut cream maple syrup or fresh blueberries
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Coat 8”x8” dish with non-stick spray or coconut oil; set aside.
In large mixing bowl, stir together oats, ¼ cup almonds, cinnamon and salt.
In separate bowl, whisk together syrup, milk, egg replacer, coconut oil and vanilla extract.
Pour wet ingredients into dry; stir until well combined.
Stir in 1 cup banana and 1 cup berries.
Pour mixture into prepared dish. Top with remaining bananas, berries and almonds.
Bake 35 to 40 minutes, until edges are slightly golden brown and center is set. Let cool 20 minutes before serving.