If you’re ever tempted to think that simple means boring, here’s a recipe to change your mind. Using seemingly simple, whole-food ingredients, this vibrant salad is a winner with its bright flavor and wealth of nutrients. It’s loaded with a rainbow of zucchini, yellow summer squash, orange bell peppers and grape tomatoes. Fresh veggies mingle with protein-packed quinoa and garbanzo beans – and a tangy, tasty lemon-balsamic vinegar dressing – offering a light dish that bursts with wholesome flavor.
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa rinsed
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini chopped
- 1 cup yellow summer squash chopped
- 1 cup grape tomatoes cut in half
- 2 orange bell peppers chopped
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Basil for garnish
In pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Reduce to slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until all water is gone.
Remove quinoa from heat and cover for 10 minutes, then let cool.
In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
Once quinoa is cooled, combine with chopped veggies, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, pepper and lemon dressing. Toss together until well combined.
Transfer to dish; garnish with basil.
Store in fridge for up to three days.
– Serve warm or chilled.
– Garnish with your favorite herbs such as parsley or rosemary. You can also add them directly into the salad.
– This recipe makes a large amount. Simply cut the recipe in half or freeze some for later.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this flavorful salad!