Ancient Harvest Traditional Quinoa Description
Modern Food from Ancient Fields™
In our kitchen, ancient never gets old. This quinoa takes a time-tested, plant-based, nutrient-dense ingredient and turns it into a delicious break from rice that's ready for real life's fast pace. It'll make your next dish feel more like "quin-whoa".
Bring 1 cup quinoa, 2 cups water to boil. Reduce to simmer, cover.
Cook about 15 minutes until water is absorbed.
Cooke grain appears soft and translucent.
If using rice cooker treat quinoa like rice, 2 parts water to 1 part quinoa. Stir, cover, cook
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry (45 g)
Servings per Container: 17
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||2.5 g||3%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%`|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic white quinoa.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
If you’re ever tempted to think that simple means boring, here’s a recipe to change your mind. Using seemingly simple, whole-food ingredients, this vibrant salad is a winner with its bright flavor and wealth of nutrients. It’s loaded with a rainbow of zucchini, yellow summer squash, orange bell peppers and grape tomatoes. Fresh veggies mingle with protein-packed quinoa and garbanzo beans – and a tangy, tasty lemon-balsamic vinegar dressing – offering a light dish that bursts with wholesome flavor.
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow summer squash (chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 orange bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Basil (for garnish)
- In pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Reduce to slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until all water is gone.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cover for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Once quinoa is cooled, combine with chopped veggies, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, pepper and lemon dressing. Toss together until well combined.
- Transfer to dish; garnish with basil.
- Store in fridge for up to three days.
– Serve warm or chilled.
– Garnish with your favorite herbs such as parsley or rosemary. You can also add them directly into the salad.
– This recipe makes a large amount. Simply cut the recipe in half or freeze some for later.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this flavorful salad!