Alessi White Balsamic Vinegar Unflavored Description
- Premium Aceto Balsamico Bianco
- White Balsamic Vinegar
- Product of Italy
Balsamic Vinegar is an Italian condiment that has been made in Modena and Reggio Emilia since at least 1046. It is made from the pressings of white Trebbiano grapes that were never allowed to ferment into wine. The concentrated juice of these grapes is then cooked down to what we know as Balsamic Vinegar.
Not only Alessi does offer regular Balsamic Vinegar, but we also offer the rare White Balsamic Vinegar. The dark red color of traditional Balsamic Vinegar has a tendency to overtake and dominate more delicate dishes. So Alessi came up with the idea of White Balsamic Vinegar. It is not cooked as long so that it doesn’t get as dark as the traditional. Each variety has its own characteristics that complement different dishes. White Balsamic still had all the unique nuances and complexities of the traditional Balsamic Vinegar, but it has a lighter color so it does not overpower the dishes. Alessi even owns the patent for White Balsamic Vinegar!
Both balsamic vinegars retain similar health benefits to those of grapes. These include being high in antioxidants, potassium and calcium while also being fat free. Balsamic vinegar are also said to help fight heart diseases and osteoporosis. It also improves insulin sensitivity and helps fight diabetes.
White Balsamic Vinegar has a velvety tartness but a clean and light appearance. The taste is milder and less sweet than traditional Balsamic Vinegar. It is perfect for use in salads and white sauces and on vegetables, fish and fries. But remember, a little balsamic vinegar goes a long way!
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tablespoon (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 16
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||5 g||2%|
| Sugars||4 g|
Other Ingredients: White wine vinegar, grape musts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
If you’re ever tempted to think that simple means boring, here’s a recipe to change your mind. Using seemingly simple, whole-food ingredients, this vibrant salad is a winner with its bright flavor and wealth of nutrients. It’s loaded with a rainbow of zucchini, yellow summer squash, orange bell peppers and grape tomatoes. Fresh veggies mingle with protein-packed quinoa and garbanzo beans – and a tangy, tasty lemon-balsamic vinegar dressing – offering a light dish that bursts with wholesome flavor.
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow summer squash (chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 orange bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Basil (for garnish)
- In pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Reduce to slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until all water is gone.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cover for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Once quinoa is cooled, combine with chopped veggies, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, pepper and lemon dressing. Toss together until well combined.
- Transfer to dish; garnish with basil.
- Store in fridge for up to three days.
– Serve warm or chilled.
– Garnish with your favorite herbs such as parsley or rosemary. You can also add them directly into the salad.
– This recipe makes a large amount. Simply cut the recipe in half or freeze some for later.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this flavorful salad!