Spectrum Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil Description
From the orchards of Spain and around the world, we hand-picked our prized estate-grown Arbequina olives at the peak of flavor to bring the freshest oil to your kitchen table. By cold pressing our olives, we produce an oil which many food connoisseur and those with discriminating palates consider exceptional. Aromatic and smooth, our oil offers the prefect balance-pungent and fruity, yet mild enough to go with everything from fresh salads to hearty pastas.
Extra virgin olive oil is at the heart of the Mediterranean diet, its pungent notes a sign of naturally occurring polyphenol antioxidants within. We select only the highest quality oils from long-standing artisan growers and visit the olive groves annually to confirm the oil's freshness, aroma and superb flavor.
Best for full flavor sautéing, sauces and dressings
Packed with inert gas for freshness.
Does not require refrigeration if used within 10-12 weeks after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: About 16
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||2.5 g||13%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||2 g||*|
| Monounsaturated Fat ||10 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrates||0 g||0%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: First cold pressed extra virgin unrefined organic olive oil.
Bottled in a facility that produces peanut oil.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
If you’re ever tempted to think that simple means boring, here’s a recipe to change your mind. Using seemingly simple, whole-food ingredients, this vibrant salad is a winner with its bright flavor and wealth of nutrients. It’s loaded with a rainbow of zucchini, yellow summer squash, orange bell peppers and grape tomatoes. Fresh veggies mingle with protein-packed quinoa and garbanzo beans – and a tangy, tasty lemon-balsamic vinegar dressing – offering a light dish that bursts with wholesome flavor.
Simple Quinoa Veggie Salad
- 1-1/2 cups quinoa (rinsed)
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup zucchini (chopped)
- 1 cup yellow summer squash (chopped)
- 1 cup grape tomatoes (cut in half)
- 2 orange bell peppers (chopped)
- 1 15 oz. can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- Basil (for garnish)
- In pot, bring quinoa and water to boil. Reduce to slow simmer for 10-12 minutes, or until all water is gone.
- Remove quinoa from heat and cover for 10 minutes, then let cool.
- In bowl, whisk together lemon juice, olive oil and vinegar.
- Once quinoa is cooled, combine with chopped veggies, garbanzo beans, salt, garlic, pepper and lemon dressing. Toss together until well combined.
- Transfer to dish; garnish with basil.
- Store in fridge for up to three days.
– Serve warm or chilled.
– Garnish with your favorite herbs such as parsley or rosemary. You can also add them directly into the salad.
– This recipe makes a large amount. Simply cut the recipe in half or freeze some for later.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this flavorful salad!