Exploding with flavor, this loaded vegetable soup makes for a satisfying meal any time of the year. It’s also extremely versatile. Simply use any leftover greens and veggies from your refrigerator. This no-fuss soup comes together in less than 30 minutes using your Instant Pot.
Spring Greens Vegetable Soup
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil or butter
- 1 cup chopped yellow onions
- 4 garlic cloves minced
- 2 cups broccoli florets ½ lb.
- 2 cups baby spinach
- 1 cup peas fresh or frozen
- 1 medium potato cubed
- 3 cups low-sodium vegetable broth
- 1/2 tsp. salt or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. lime juice
- Ground black pepper to taste
- 1 Tbsp. sambal oelek optional
Set Instant Pot to sauté mode and adjust setting to normal. When display reads “hot,” add oil.
Once oil is heated, add chopped onions and minced garlic. Sauté until onions are soft and translucent.
Add broccoli florets, spinach, potato, peas, vegetable broth and salt. Stir to combine.
Cover with lid, move vent to "sealing" and pressure cook on high for 10 minutes. Once cooking cycle is complete, do a quick release (aka move the steam valve to "venting”).
Open lid. Use immersion blender to puree soup. If using a blender to puree, wait at least 10-15 minutes for the soup to cool down.
Add lime juice and mix well. Add salt and pepper to taste. If you like it spicy, add sambal oelek and give it a good stir.
Ladle into bowls, drizzle with coconut milk and garnish with cilantro and roasted cashews. Garnish with cilantro.
• For a boost of flavor, add fresh herbs such as basil, parsley or mint.
• No spinach on hand? No problem! Use any fresh greens in the fridge.
• Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!