Stop being so hard on yourself. It’s okay to give in to your sweet tooth every once in a while. Just make sure to indulge in desserts made with organic and body-nourishing ingredients when cravings strike. These dense, vegan brownie bites are sweet and satisfying, plus they’re made with whole wheat flour, protein powder, coconut oil and organic sugar. In the end, they’re topped off with whipped coconut cream to make a heavenly dessert you won’t regret biting into.
1/2 cup PlantFusion Chocolate Protein Powder
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
2/3 cup organic sugar
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/4 cup cacao nibs, optional
1/2 Tbsp. chia seeds, ground
1/2 tsp. pink salt
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 cup coconut oil
5 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
1 tsp. vanilla extract
- Prepare coconut cream first. In the freezer, chill mixing bowl and beaters for 5 minutes.
- Remove coconut milk from fridge and flip upside down. In a separate, small bowl, pour coconut milk and scoop hardened chunks into chilled mixing bowl. With chilled beaters, whip until fluffy. Add sugar and vanilla bean and continue to whip until combined. Store in fridge until ready to use.
- Prepare brownies. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a mini muffin tray with cooking spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small mixing bowl, combine wet ingredients. Slowly add wet ingredients into dry to combine. The batter should be thick, but more non-dairy milk can be added as needed.
- Transfer brownie mixture to muffin tray, filling up each tin almost to the top. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Let cool for 5-10 minutes before topping with coconut cream. Garnish with additional cacao nibs.