No need to waste stomach space on ho-hum cornbread! Make it a spicy centerpiece, a conversation starter and a delicious accompaniment to your holiday meal. This unique cornbread recipe includes chili pepper flakes and ground turmeric, serving far-from-average flavors guests can’t not try. Tart dried cranberries dot the bright yellow bread, which can be served with butter and homemade spicy honey. Serve as an appetizer, with the main course or for dessert.
Spicy Turmeric-Chili Cornbread With Cranberries
- 1 Tsp. Himalayan pink salt fine
- 1-1/2 cups corn flour gluten-free
- 2-1/2 tsp. baking powder
- 1-1/2 cups organic unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup organic light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ghee butter or regular butter
- 1/2 cup 100% pure avocado oil
- 2 eggs
- 1-1/4 cups buttermilk
- 1 cup organic dried cranberries
- 1/2 tsp. organic ground turmeric
- 1 tsp. organic chili pepper flakes
- 1/2 tsp. organic chili pepper flakes
- ¼ cup honey
- Pinch of salt
Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 13” pie dish with parchment paper and spray with avocado oil.
In large bowl, whisk together corn flour, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, turmeric and chili flakes.
In separate large bowl, whisk together melted ghee butter, avocado oil, buttermilk, eggs and sugar.
Combine wet and dry ingredients. Using a spatula, mix in cranberries.
Pour batter into pie dish and bake approximately 30 minutes or until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
To make spicy honey, combine ingredients and let sit for flavors to meld.
Serve cornbread warm with butter and spicy honey.