Organic Valley Ghee Clarified Butter Description
Organic Valley Organic Ghee Clarified Butter is prized for its rich, nutty flavor and its versatility. Ghee butter is slowly simmered to remove excess water while preserving hints of sweetness and roasted nuts. This lactose free butter is casein free and shelf stable for easy storage. An ideal cooking and baking butter, ghee can replace oil or organic butter in your favorite recipes.
- One 13-ounce jar of Organic Valley Organic Ghee
- Clarified Butter Ghee butter prized for its enticing aroma, and rich, buttery, nutty flavor
- Casein free and lactose free butter that is great for sautéing
- Great cooking and baking butter with a high smoke point
- Use this organic butter in your favorite recipes, or try it in your morning coffee
- USDA Certified Organic - we never use GMOs, antibiotics, synthetic hormones or toxic pesticides
GMOs and salt.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 g)
Servings per Container: 74
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||5 g||6%|
| Saturated Fat||3 g||15%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Added Sugars||0 g||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin A||46 mcg||6%|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Certified Organic Butter (Milk).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Orange-Ghee Pound Cake
A complex combination of zesty and buttery, the flavors in this orange pound cake are cheery and unique. Ghee
is butter that’s been clarified to remove hard-to-digest milk solids. It tastes like butter but with a slightly roasted, nutty note. Using juice from fresh oranges plus fresh zest double-spikes each slice with bright flavor. Enjoy it at tea time, with breakfast or as a simple dessert. With the happy aroma of citrus in the air, you’ll be asking your family, “Orange you glad I decided to make this?”.
Orange-Ghee Pound Cake
- ½ tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1-½ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. baking soda
- 2 eggs (room-temperature)
- ½ cup melted ghee clarified butter
- Zest of whole medium-sized orange
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup light brown sugar
Optional (for denser cake): ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup orange juice
- Orange zest
- ½ tsp. vanilla
- Pinch salt
- ¼ cup maple syrup or light brown sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line loaf pan with parchment paper.
- Into mixing bowl, sift flour, salt, baking powder and baking soda.
In separate large mixing bowl, mix together melted ghee, sugar, eggs and vanilla; whisk in orange juice and zest. Mix in Greek yogurt if using.
- Add dry ingredients to wet and whisk until smooth. Do not over mix.
- Pour batter into pan. Bake 40-45 minutes until golden and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- In saucepan, combine glaze ingredients. Cook over low heat until reduced and thickened. Drizzle over cake.
Add the ingredients to your cart to make this fresh pound cake!