Topped with matcha and sweet, nutty coconut, these dark chocolate bars are an easy and nutritious snack. You’ll mix in Codeage Marine Collagen Powder along with your choice of nut or seed butter for a protein-infused, skin-loving treat. Earthy matcha powder offsets the rich, lightly sweetened chocolate-coconut layer to create a perfectly balanced, crave-worthy flavor profile.
Keto-Friendly Matcha Protein Bars
- 2 to 4 scoops Codeage Marine Collagen Powder
- 4 Tbsp. monk fruit or 1:1 sweetener of choice, divided
- ¼ cup sugar-free dark chocolate chips
- ½ cup coconut oil
- 1 cup cashew butter or nut/seed butter of choice
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. sea salt
- 1-½ cups unsweetened shredded coconut divided into 1 cup and ½ cup
- 1 Tbsp. matcha powder
Line 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper and set aside.
In microwave-safe dish, combine chocolate chips, coconut oil and nut butter. Melt for 30 seconds at a time, stirring in between, until melted. Alternatively, use double-boiler. Let cool slightly.
In small bowl, combine 1 cup coconut, 2 Tbsp. sweetener and salt. Add coconut mixture to chocolate mixture and combine thoroughly. Stir in collagen powder and vanilla.
Pour combined mixture into prepared pan.
In bowl, combine remaining ½-cup coconut, matcha powder, and 1 to 2 Tbsp. sweetener. Sprinkle mixture over chocolate.
Refrigerate about 2 hours until set, or place in freezer for 1 hour. Slice into 18 bars. Store in refrigerator.
● Use a sweetener that measures 1:1, or adjust sweetness to taste.
● Be sure to thoroughly mix matcha, breaking up any clumps.
● If you use sweetened coconut shreds, eliminate sweetener.
Get the healthy ingredients you need at Vitacost!