Made with real carrots, flax seeds, arrowroot and tasty spices, these carrot cake cookies are packed with nutritious ingredients. The best part about this recipe is that it’s free of processed sugars – just a sweet touch of pure, organic maple syrup (the real stuff!). Plus, they’re paleo-friendly and can easily be modified to satisfy a vegan diet by using an egg replacer.
Paleo Carrot Cake Cookies
- 1-1/2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Superfine Almond Flour
- 1/2 cup Bob’s Red Mill Arrowroot Flour
- 3/4 cup shredded carrots
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth Organic Unsweetened Coconut Flakes
- 1/2 cup Simple Truth Organic Seedless Raisins
- 1/3 cup Vitacost Organic Maple Syrup
- 1 egg
- 3 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil, melted
- 2 Tbsp. Now Foods Organic Flax Seed Meal
- 4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp. Frontier Co-Op Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/4 tsp. Bob’s Red Mill Baking Soda
- 1/2 tsp. Pamela's Gluten-Free Baking Powder
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
In large mixing bowl, combine dry ingredients.
In small mixing bowl, whisk wet ingredients. Transfer wet ingredients to dry mixture and mix until fully incorporated.
Fold shredded carrots and raisins into dough. Preheat oven 350 degrees F.
Cover bowl and chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
Once chilled, use cookie scoop or use hands to make 14 evenly sized dough balls.
Evenly space dough balls onto parchment-lined baking sheet. Bake 12-14 minutes.
Cool on baking sheet for a few minutes. Then, transfer cookies to wire rack to cool completely before serving.
All of a sudden have a burning desire to bake? Easily order these ingredients at Vitacost.com!