You may have been tantalized by this TikTok trend, but thought it could use a healthy makeover. We’ve got you covered! This vegan and gluten-free version of baked feta pasta is one of those meals that’s so ridiculously easy, delicious and good for you that you’ll pop it in the oven again and again. To make it, simply fill a baking dish with vegan feta (purchase pre-made or make your own), tomatoes, garlic, olive oil and spices and bake until bubbling. Toss with gluten-free pasta, fresh basil and parsley and you’ve got a creamy, dreamy dish trending on your table.
TikTok Trend: Baked Feta Pasta – Vegan Version
- 7 oz. block vegan feta cheese
- 2 pints (20 oz.) grape tomatoes
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 3 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor or vegan butter
- 1/4 tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 5 tsp. minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp. dried thyme
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Spaghetti, Green Lentil Penne or Red Lentil Penne
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes or more to taste
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- 3 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
In baking dish, place feta in center and arrange tomatoes and garlic around it. Season with salt, pepper and spices. Spoon oils over everything. Bake 30 minutes.
Cook pasta according to package directions; drain and set aside.
Remove baking dish and smash together feta, tomatoes and garlic with back of wooden spoon.
Add pasta, red pepper and fresh herbs. Toss and stir together until well combined. (Note: It should be saucy.)
Serve with vegan parmesan or nutritional yeast sprinkled on top, if desired.