It doesn’t have to be a special occasion to indulge in your favorite seaside soup. Ready in less time than it takes to order takeout (and made with better-for-you ingredients), this hearty chowder is thick with shrimp, fish and protein-rich pasta. Using plant-based milk keeps it dairy free and gives the broth that oh-so-thick and creamy texture you want from your chowder. Trust us when we say that it’s chowdah this world.
Dairy Free Seafood Chowder
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Organic Chickpea Fusilli cooked according to package directions
- 1 yellow or brown onion
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1/4 cup Nutiva Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free Baking Flour
- 1 tsp. parsley
- 1 tsp. thyme
- 1 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/2 cup corn
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2-1/2 cups water
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 4 clams in shells
- 1/2 lb. shrimp peeled
- 1 fillet white fish cut into cubes
- 1-1/2 cups Sproud Plant-Based Milk
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
In large pot, cook onion and garlic in buttery coconut oil until tender.
Add flour, thyme, parsley and salt; continue cooking 2 to 3 minutes.
Mix in corn, broth, water and wine; bring to boil. Reduce heat. Simmer 5 minutes.
Stir in seafood, sunflower seed butter and plant-based milk. Continue cooking until fish is fully cooked and flaky.
Stir in cooked pasta. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with one clam in each bowl.