4Sisters Long Grain Organic Brown Rice Description
4 Sisters Long Grain Organic Brown Rice…Grown organically as we do with our Long Grain Organic White Rice, our Long Grain Organic Brown Rice is a certified whole grain by the Whole Grains Council. Each grain begins life as a whole grain. As the grain grows in the field in its natural state, the entire seed of a plant is a whole grain. This means when you consume brown rice, you are truly getting All parts of the grain.
Using a medium saucepan, bring 2 cups of water to a boil and add 1 cup of rice.
Optional Add salt and butter to taste.
Stir, cover with a tight fitting lid and reduce heat to simmer.
Remove from heat. Don't touch for 5 min. Fluff with a fork and serve.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup Dry
Servings per Container: About 20
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic long grain brown rice.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Egg Roll Bowl with Spicy Drizzle
Is your favorite part of an egg roll the fried wonton exterior or the filling? If you chose the filling, then this recipe is for you. Why a bowl of just egg roll insides? Because there never
seems to be enough in the roll itself. It’s a solution for stuffing lovers! Plus, it’s a one-pan meal that doesn’t require rolling or deep-frying (we like less dishes). Serve it with a drizzle of homemade spicy sauce, minced scallions and steamed brown or white rice
- 1-2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- ½ crumbled tempeh (ground turkey or chicken)
- 2 tsp. ginger (grated)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 carrot (scrubbed and shredded)
- 1 cup mushrooms (small dice)
- 4 cups red or green cabbage (shredded & loosely packed)
- 8 oz. can water chestnuts (drained, rinsed & small diced)
- ½ tsp. salt
- 3 scallions (minced (white and green part))
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp. tamari (or coconut aminos)
- 1 Tbsp. toasted sesame seeds
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- 2-3 tsp. chili garlic sauce (or to taste)
- Heat large sauté pan (that has a tight-fitting lid), over medium heat. Add coconut oil, ginger and garlic and sauté quickly for 1 minute (careful not to burn). Add ground turkey, chicken or tempeh and sauté for 2-3 minutes until almost done, breaking it up into smaller pieces while it’s cooking.
- Add carrots and mushrooms and sauté for 3-4 minutes until soft.
- Add cabbage, water chestnuts and salt, toss to combine and sauté for 1 minute. Cover pan with tight-fitting lid and cook for 3-4 minutes, until cabbage is crispy wilted.
- While vegetables are cooking, combine mayonnaise and chili garlic sauce in small bowl and set aside.
- Remove lid and add scallions (reserving a bit for garnish), toasted sesame oil, tamari and toasted sesame seeds. Toss to combine and serve with steamed rice.