Alka-Seltzer Plus Powerfastfizz™ Severe Cold Orange Zest Description
Alka-Seltzer Plus® Severe Cold Powerfast Fizz Orange Zest Effervescent Tablets
Nasal Congestion • Headache + Body Ache
Runny Nose • Sinus Pressure
New & improved Alka-Seltzer Plus® Cold Effervescent Tablets dissolve quickly in hydrating water and are instantly ready to start working. This formula has improved flavor, less sodium & is aspartame free. Each dose is individually wrapped and transforms in just 4oz of water into a liquid-fast medicine. After you drink the refreshing, sparkling solution, Alka-Seltzer Plus works quickly to relieve your worst cold symptoms:
• Sore Throat
• Nasal & Sinus Congestion
• Body Aches & Pains
• Runny Nose
Temporarily relieve these symptoms due to a cold:
Minor aches and pains
Nasal and sinus congestion
Temporarily reduces fever
Adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets fully dissolved in 4 oz of water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 8 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
Children under 12 years: do not use
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Aspirin (NSAID) nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drug||325 mg|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide||10 mg|
|Phenylephrine bitartrate||7.8 mg|
Reye’s syndrome: Children and teenagers who have or are recovering from chicken pox or flu-like symptoms should not use this product. When using this product, if changes in behavior with nausea and vomiting occur, consult a doctor because these symptoms could be an early sign of Reye’s syndrome, a rare but serious illness.
Allergy alert: Aspirin may cause a severe allergic reaction which may include:
• hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
Stomach bleeding warning: This product contains an NSAID, which may cause severe stomach bleeding. The chance is higher if you
• are age 60 or older
• have had stomach ulcers or bleeding problems
• take a blood thinning (anticoagulant) or steroid drug
• take other drugs containing prescription or nonprescription NSAIDs
(aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen, or others)
• have 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
• take more or for a longer time than directed
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• if you are allergic to aspirin or any other pain reliever/fever reducer
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI)
(certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or
Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you
do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or
pharmacist before taking this product.
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its
• in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if
• stomach bleeding warning applies to you
• you have a history of stomach problems, such as heartburn
• you have high blood pressure, heart disease, liver cirrhosis, or kidney
• you are taking a diuretic
• you have
• asthma • thyroid disease • diabetes
• cough with excessive phlegm (mucus)
• difficulty in urination due to enlargement of the prostate gland
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma,
• a sodium-restricted diet
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• taking a prescription drug for
• gout • diabetes • arthritis
When using this product do not exceed recommended dosage
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• an allergic reaction occurs. Seek medical help right away.
• you experience any of the following signs of stomach bleeding
• feel faint • vomit blood • have bloody or black stools
• have stomach pain that does not get better
• pain, cough, or nasal congestion gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• ringing in the ears or loss of hearing occurs
• cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
• nervousness, dizziness, or sleeplessness occurs
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
It is especially important not to use aspirin during the last 3 months of pregnancy unless definitely directed to do so by a doctor because it may cause problems in the unborn child or complications during delivery.
Keep out of reach of children. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away.