By now, you’ve surely heard about the benefits of elderberries, including their powerful antioxidant properties. Perhaps you’ve added them – as a syrup, spray, lozenge or capsule – to your immune support routine.† Or maybe you’ve tried other creative ways to use elderberries, such as in homemade tinctures or lip balms. But one of our favorite ways to enjoy these tiny superfood spheres are in gummy form. These gelatin-free gems are surprisingly easy to make yourself with just a handful of ingredients. Here's how...
Elderberry Gummies DIY
Gummy shapes mold
Small medicine dropper
1. In pot or saucepan, combine elderberry syrup, water and agar powder. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 5 minutes, to just under boiling.
2. Stir continuously until agar is completely dissolved. Remove from stove and let mixture cool 10-15 minutes.
3. Mix in agave nectar.
4. Use the medicine dropper to fill gummy molds with mixture.
5. Refrigerate for 2-3 hours until completely set.
6. Pop gummies from mold and place in a glass jar. Use within 30 days.
†These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Not feeling crafty? Try one of these elderberry gummy supplements available at Vitacost.com: