BareOrganics Turmeric Root Powder Raw Description
Curcumin is the principal curcuminoid of turmeric and is responsible for most of the benefits of the powerful herb that is now used traditionally in many cultures for health and vitality. It's popularity today is largely due to its ability to help the body maintain healthy inflammatory responses (within a normal range), which may help with joint health and comfort.
Raw • Organic • Vegan • Non-GMO • Gluten Free • Kosher
Benefits: Natural cleanse, health is vitality.
Suggested Use: Mix one teaspoon (1 scoop) into recipes, or to taste. Great as a spice or supplement.
Store in a cool, dry place away from sunlight and moisture.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Scoop (3 g)
Servings per Container: About 76
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Tocopherols less than||1 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat less than||1 g||1%|
|Total Carbohydrate||2 g||1%|
| Total Sugars less than||1 g|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
|Protein less than||1 g||1%|
|Organic Turmeric Root Powder (Curcuma longa L.)||3 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
If you are pregnant or lactating, consult a health care professional before using this product.
Note: Silica packet included to help maintain freshness. Do not consume.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Homemade Creamy Turmeric Dressing With Massaged Kale Salad
Fresh-cut kale smells sharp and almost grassy, and its leaves and stalks are pretty stiff. But after a quick massage, it really does relax into a sweeter, milder version of itself. Kale isn’t the only ingredient in this recipe that undergoes a transformation. The dressing’s turmeric powder is activated through probiotic fermentation, making the beneficial compounds more available to your body and easier on your digestive system. Enjoy this superfood salad topped with crunchy-tart, quick-pickled red onions and an optional sprinkling of nuts or cheese for extra protein.
1/2 cup tahini
2 Tbsp. brown rice vinegar
3 servings New Chapter Fermented Turmeric Booster Powder
1/4 cup tamari
1/4 tsp. powdered ginger, or 2-3 small slices of fresh ginger
Salt to taste
1 bunch organic Lacinato kale, about 12 leaves
Quick Pickled Red Onion (Optional)
1/2 cup white balsamic vinegar
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
1/2 tsp. salt
1 red onion, peeled and sliced into thin rings
- In blender, combine tahini, vinegar, booster powder, tamari and ginger. Blend until combined and creamy. If dressing is too thick, add water to achieve desired consistency. Salt as needed. Set aside.
- Remove stems from kale and wash. Slice leaves into thin strips. Dry with a paper towel if needed.
- Place kale into a bowl and add a large spoonful of dressing. Gently massage the dressing into the kale until it darkens and starts to shrink down, 2-3 minutes. Serve with additional dressing and quick-pickled red onions on the side.
Pickled Red Onion
- In small pan, combine white balsamic vinegar, maple syrup and salt. Heat through (it does not have to boil).
- In small jar with lid, arrange raw onion slices. Cover with the warm vinegar liquid. Seal jar and chill in the refrigerator for 2 hours or more.