This is one of those recipes that’s great for when you have impromptu guests and only a few mismatched ingredients on hand. You can easily prepare this dip without any fancy kitchen equipment. All you need is a knife, cutting board and a few ingredients you probably already have in your pantry or fridge. This recipe can be easily modified, for example, if you don’t have radishes in your crisper, opt for cucumber! If anything, send someone in your household out for the one ingredient you’re missing while you prep the rest. And there you go—a hassle-free, last-minute snack your guests are sure to enjoy.
1 lb. ahi tuna, roughly chopped into small chunks
1 jalapeño pepper, finely chopped, seeds removed
4 radishes, thinly sliced
2 avocados, diced
2/3 cup mayonnaise
3-4 Tbsp. Sriracha or preferred hot sauce
1 oz. ground black pepper
1 oz. sesame seeds
Tortilla chips, for dipping
1. To pickle onions, slice and place in glass jar.
2. In bowl, whisk together remaining ingredients until sugar and salt dissolve. Pour over onion. Cover, and let sit at room temperature for an hour.
3. Make the dip. In bowl, combine tuna, jalapeño and Sriracha.
4. Add remaining ingredients, except for avocado and chips, to Sriracha mixture and stir. Add onions and mix until combined.
5. Pour into serving bowl and top with diced avocado and/or green onions.