Enjoy the spicy, authentic flavor of laksa without any of the unwanted ingredients. This better-for-you version leaves out the gluten and trades chicken for perfectly roasted chickpeas. The rest of the soup is a mix of creamy, plant-based curry bliss. Popular in Southeast Asia and surprisingly simple to whip up, it’ll take your taste buds across the globe any night of the week.
Chickpea Laksa with Rice Noodles
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil with Buttery Flavor
- 1 pack Mike’s Organic Curry Love Red Thai Curry Paste
- 1 tsp. garlic minced
- 1 tsp. minced ginger
- 1 shallot diced
- 1 small stalk lemon grass diced
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp. plus 1 tsp. curry powder
- 2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
- 1/2 head broccoli cut into bite size pieces
- 1 red pepper sliced
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 1 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1 box Explore Cuisine Asian Selection Organic Brown Rice Pad Thai Noodles
- Sesame seeds
- Fresh cilantro
- Fresh lime
In large pot, combine oil, garlic, ginger, shallot, lemon grass and red curry paste; sauté until aromatic.
Stir in vegetable broth, water, curry powder, sunflower seed butter, coconut milk, sea salt, broccoli, coconut sugar and lime leaves.
Add pad Thai noodles; bring to boil. Lower heat to simmer. Let simmer 4 minutes, or until noodles are cooked.
Add red bell pepper. Continue cooking 5 minutes or until noodles are cooked through.
Meanwhile, in skillet, heat oil. Stir fry chickpeas and spices a few minutes, until outsides are golden.
To serve, top with chickpeas. Sprinkle with paprika, sesame seeds, fresh cilantro and fresh lime to taste.