Do the overpriced, over-breaded crab cakes at your local seafood restaurant leave you feeling a little crabby? Made with better-for-you ingredients, and full of fresh flavor from the lemon and herbs, these bite-sized balls are bursting with sweet crab taste and texture in every mouthful. The best part is how easy they are to whip up! Mixed in your food processor, they take just minutes to blend and prep for cooking. Though this recipe makes more than enough to share, we don’t think it’d be shellfish to make it for yourself – just freeze the uncooked leftovers and heat them when you’re hungry!
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Organic Coconut Oil Refined divided
- 1/4 yellow or brown onion diced
- 1 tsp. minced garlic
- 1-1/3 cups crab meat
- 1 Tbsp. Primal Kitchen Mayo with Avocado Oil
- 1 pasture raised organic egg
- 5 Tbsp. Sproud Plant-Based Milk Original
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/4 tsp. marjoram
- 1/4 tsp. parsley
- 1/4 tsp. thyme
- 2 tsp. SunButter Natural Sunflower Butter
- 1 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp. Selina Naturally Celtic Sea Salt
- 1/8 tsp. cayenne
- 1-1/2 cups gluten-free breadcrumbs
- Dash turmeric
In pan over medium heat, add a bit of coconut oil. Cook garlic and onion a few minutes, until translucent.
In food processor, combine all ingredients, including cooked onion and garlic. Blend until finely chopped.
Roll mixture into bite-sized balls. Let sit at least 1 hour, up to overnight, to set.
In pan over medium heat, add coconut oil. Cook crab bites a few minutes on each side, until golden brown, about 8 minutes.