Vitacost Certified Organic Turmeric Description
Vitacost® Organic Turmeric
USDA Certified Organic
A vibrant, orange-yellow spice
Tangy flavor – looks & tastes similar to ginger
Perfect for boosting smoothies or cooking curries
Vitacost® Organic Turmeric adds spice to your life
Newsflash! Yellow is the new black. Don’t worry – your wardrobe is perfectly fine. Your spice cabinet, however, may need an update. If you’re still stuck in a salt-and-pepper rut, you’re behind the thymes. What you need is a pop of color to get back on trend. Scared to go bold? Vitacost® Organic Turmeric will persuade your senses.
This gingery ground spice is traditionally popular in Indian, Asian and Middle Eastern cuisine, but its exotic flair has spread across oceans and hemispheres. You’ll mostly find turmeric in mustard blends and relishes. But with Vitacost® Organic Turmeric you can show off the fashion-forward hue and sharp flavor in vibrant curries, warm baked treats and refreshing smoothies. Looking good never tasted so great!
What’s the best way to cook with Vitacost® Organic Turmeric?
• Add color & flavor to plain white or brown rice
• Sauté with vegetables like kale, cauliflower & carrots
• Stir into cream-based soups & stews-
• Blend into superfood smoothies
• Use to make a hot tea
• Scramble with eggs & bake into frittatas
Check the Tips & Recipes tab for more unique uses for Vitacost® Organic Turmeric
Vitacost® products are manufactured to high standards of quality and safety. Each Vitacost® product meets or exceeds the standards and requirements set forth in the FDA’s Code of Federal Regulation (21 CFR, 110) Current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP).
Keep dry and at room temperature (59°-86°F [15°-30°C]).
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Ingredients: Organic turmeric
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Creamy Carrot Turmeric Pasta Sauce
Perfect for spring celebrations, this gluten-free pasta
dish consists of fresh veggies and nutritious plant-based ingredients that’ll make your spread shine! Instead of traditional red sauce, this dish calls for a creamy cashew carrot sauce (helloooo, beta carotene!) that’s boosted with nourishing turmeric. This golden spice is best known for helping maintain a healthy inflammatory response.†
If you’re into this recipe but looking for something that’s AIP-compliant
, simply skip the cashews and black pepper.
†These statements have not been approved by the Food and Drug Administration. These products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease.
Creamy Carrot Turmeric Pasta Sauce
Carrot turmeric sauce
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- ½ cup red onion (diced)
- 2 Tbsp. chopped garlic
- ½ tsp. turmeric
- 3 cups carrots (peeled and sliced thin (appx. 3 carrots))
- ¼ cup raw cashews
- 2 cups vegetable broth (or water)
- ½ tsp. black pepper
- ½ tsp. pink salt
- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- Boil a pot of water for the pasta and cook according to directions. Drain and set aside.
- Meanwhile, make the sauce: Heat a medium stockpot over medium heat. Add the oil, then the onion, garlic, and turmeric. Saute, stirring occasionally, for 2 minutes. Then add the carrot, cashews, and broth or water and cover. Cook for 10 minutes, until carrots are tender.
- Remove the carrot mixture from the heat and carefully transfer it to a blender. Add salt, pepper, and apple cider vinegar. Blend until smooth. (Conversely, use an immersion blender in the pot).
- Put the cooked pasta in the pot, pour in the carrot sauce, and mix well. To serve, plate and add a sprinkle of hemp seeds and sprouts. Add more salt and pepper to taste as desired.
Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!