We’re pulling out all the stops for National Strawberry Month with this gluten-free (and eggless) cookie recipe. Filled with organic strawberry spread and studded with crushed freeze-dried fruit, these light cookies yield just the right amount of sweetness and will make your home smell oh-so good – thanks to berries combined with buttery ghee. We recommend you keep the cookie jar close by!
Gluten-Free & Egg-Free Buttery Strawberry Cookies
- 2 cups King Arthur Baking Company Gluten Free Measure For Measure Flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. sea salt
- 1 bag Simple Truth Freeze-Dried Strawberries crushed
- 1 tsp. Bragg Organic Raw & Unfiltered Apple Cider Vinegar
- 2 Tbsp. Simple Truth® Organic Plant-Based Egg Replacer + 6 Tbsp. water
- 3/4 cup Vitacost Organic Light Brown Sugar
- 1/3 cup Simple Truth Organic Sugar*
- 8 Tbsp. butter 1 stick, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp. Organic Valley Ghee Clarified Butter melted
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp. Crofters Organic Just Fruit® Strawberry Spread or homemade*
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
In large bowl, combine flour, baking soda and salt.
In another bowl, prepare egg replacer. Add melted butter (not hot), ghee, vanilla, sugars and apple cider vinegar. Whisk to combine.
Pour wet ingredients into dry ingredients and mix to combine. Carefully fold in crushed freeze-dried strawberries.
Line baking sheet with parchment paper or baking mat. Use a small cookie scoop to transfer dough onto baking sheet. Use finger to create slight indent in the middle of each cookie dough ball. Fill with strawberry spread.
Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until set and golden. Transfer to cooling rack.
- Do not over-bake (ensures these cookies taste delicious the next day!) and store in tin box or glass jar.
- *To make homemade strawberry spread, combine 8 diced strawberries, juice from ¼ lemon, 2 teaspoons sugar, pinch salt, ½ teaspoon vanilla, 1 teaspoon arrowroot or cornstarch in pot. Simmer on stove until mixture thickens.
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!