Bob's Red Mill Organic Coconut Flour Description
Coconut Flour is a delicious, healthy alternative to other flours. It is a good source of fiber and contains 4 grams of net carbohydrates (total carbohydrates minus dietary fiber) per serving. it lends baked goods an incomparably rich texture and a unique, natural sweetness. Bob's Red Mill's coconut flour does not contain sweeteners or sulfites.
Pure and simple. Those are the perfect words to describe Bob's Red Mill® Organic Coconut Flour. Take a look at the ingredients - or rather, the ingredient. That's right. There's only one: organic coconut. It doesn't get much simpler than that. And we think that's just how it should be.
To Your Good Health,
Store in a cool, dry place. Keeps best refrigerated or frozen after opening.
Tips for Using Coconut Flour
You can replace up to 20% of the flour called for in a recipe with Coconut flour, adding an equivalent amount of additional liquid to the recipe.
If batter is too thick, add a bit more liquid until desired consistency is achieved. if batter seems too runny, don't worry; Coconut Flour is very absorbent. During baking, it will absorb much of the liquid.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (14 g)
Servings per Container: About 32
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||1.5 g||2%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||9 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||5 g||18%|
| Total Sugars||3 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut.
Manufactured in a facility that also uses tree nuts and soy. Tested and confirmed Gluten Free in the quality control laboratory.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Chocolate & Pecan Chess Pie
Unlike traditional chocolate chess pie loaded with eggs, sugar, white flour, butter and evaporated milk, this version is made with wholesome ingredients, like pecans, figs, coconut oil and coconut sugar. Since it’s made without eggs, baking is not necessary and takes only about 10 minutes of active prep time. You won’t believe how easy it is to prepare! The end result is a smooth and rich chocolate filling on top of a flaky pecan crust that’s both kid- and parent-approved. Count it as a win-win for the entirely family!
2 cups pecans
3 Tbsp. cacao powder
2 Tbsp. coconut flour
2 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1/4 cup coconut oil, plus more for greasing
1/3 cup water
2-1/2 cups fresh figs
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1/2 cup cacao powder
1/2 cup coconut sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
Vegan chocolate chips, melted, optional
- Grease 8-inch pie plate with coconut oil.
- Prepare crust. In food processor, combine pecans and cacao powder and pulse until a fine powder forms. Do not over-mix.
- In bowl, combine pecan-cacao mixture with coconut flour, coconut sugar, coconut oil and water. Stir to combine.
- Pour mixture into prepared pie dish and press down to cover the bottom and sides of the dish.
- Prepare filling. In food processor, combine all ingredients except for chocolate chips. Mix until smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as necessary.
- Pour filling on top of crust and smooth down with spoon.
- If using chocolate, pour melted chocolate on top of pie filling and smooth.
- Refrigerate pie for at least 4 hours. Cut into 16 slices and serve immediately. Refrigerate leftovers for up to 3 days.