Bob's Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour Description
From Soft White Wheat
Friend of the Heart
Bob's Red Mill finely ground 100% Whole Wheat Pastry Flour is freshly milled on cool and slow turning, century-old stone-buhr millstones from plump and hearty soft white spring wheat. It contains all of the wheat berry's healthy and natural elements - the germ, endosperm and bran. Use it in place of conventional white flour for your pancake, muffin, cookie, cake or pie crust recipes.
Keeps best refrigerated or frozen.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup
Servings per Container: 75
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||5||*|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||23 g||8%|
| Dietary Fiber||4 g||15%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: Stone ground U.S. No.1 premium soft white wheat.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Orange-Zested Whole Wheat Bread with Cranberry & Almond
Cereal, smoothies, oatmeal, muffins—your standard breakfast go-tos are starting to get a little stale. Add a refreshing, brightening burst to your morning with a slice of whole wheat bread. Not just any whole wheat bread will do, of course. You’ll need a loaf of this zesty, easy-to-make bread, loaded with fresh orange juice, orange zest, cranberries and chopped almonds. Enjoy it plain or spread on coconut oil or Blueberry Chia Seed Jam.
2 cups Bob’s Red Mill Whole Wheat Pastry Flour
1/4 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. salt
1 cup sugar
6 Tbsp. butter, melted
2/3 cup buttermilk
1/3 cup fresh orange juice
Zest of 1 large orange
1 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup almonds, chopped and toasted
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Grease a 9x5-inch loaf pan with butter or non-stick spray.
- First, combine dry ingredients. In a large bowl, mix flour, baking soda and powder, salt and sugar. Then, in a separate bowl, combine egg, butter, milk, orange juice and zest. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until almost combined.
- Gently mix in cranberries and almonds.
- Transfer mixture to pan, using a spatula to make sure the top is smooth.
- Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick comes out without any crumbs.
- Allow to rest for 10 minutes in the pan before cooling completely on a wire rack.
Note: Need gluten-free? Swap in Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-Free 1-to-1 Flour.