California Olive Ranch Extra Virgin Olive Oil Description
- Certified Extra Virgin
- First Cold Press
- Non-GMO Project Verified
- Perfect for Everyday Use
California Olive Ranch’s Everyday extra virgin olive oil is a great versatile oil to keep in your kitchen. It’s mild balanced flavor profile makes it a go-to oil for any cooking preparation. With notes of fresh herbs, fruit and green grass we recommend it for your everyday baking, sautéing and roasting.
As part of the Destination Series line, this product features California extra virgin olive oil in partnership with extra virgin olive oil from hand-selected farms in Argentina, Portugal and Chile. All California Olive Ranch extra virgin olive oils must be free from any sensory flaws, must meet rigid chemical standards set by the Olive Oil Commission of California (OOCC), the strictest standards in the world, and be certified extra virgin by an independent third-party.
Country of Origin: United States, Argentina, Chile, Portugal
Oil type: Extra virgin olive oil
Origin: Made in the USA and Imported
Store away from heat and light.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: 33
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||14 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||1.5 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||11 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
Not a significant source of cholesterol, dietary fiber, total sugars, added sugars, vitamin D, calcium, iron and potassium
Other Ingredients: Extra virgin olive oil.
Natural sediment may occur.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Bacalao & Root Veggies With Vinaigrette
If the standard light summer salad isn’t satisfying your hunger, try this bacalao recipe with root vegetables – a worthy entreé. Bacalao is dried and salted fish, usually cod or pollock. The fish requires a desalting process, but it’s worth the extra effort. In this recipe, chunks of soft, flaky fish mingle among al dente potatoes, carrots, peas, onion, scallions and hard-boiled eggs. It’s topped with a homemade vinaigrette of white balsamic vinegar, extra virgin olive oil, grated yellow onion, red pepper flakes and garlic powder. Assemble your salad on a large platter for a large crowd, and let the feast commence!
Bacalao & Root Veggies With Vinaigrette
- 1 pkg. pollock bacalao
- 1/2 purple onion (thinly sliced)
- 4 large potatoes (any variety, halved)
- 4 carrots (halved)
- 1/2 cup fancy peas (frozen or fresh)
- 4 scallions (thinly sliced)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs (quartered)
- 1 tsp. brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp. white balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. white balsamic vinegar (for soaking of purple onions)
- 1-1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. black pepper
- 3 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 Tbsp. yellow onion (grated)
- 1/4-1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- Follow package directions to desalt fish, or use quick method in step 2.
- For quick desalting method, fill large bowl with water and carefully add bacalao. Soak and rinse with cool water at least twice.
- In medium pot over medium heat, combine fish, fresh water and 1 tsp. brown sugar; simmer for 10 minutes. Pour out hot water and rinse fish with cold water. Set aside to let fish soak in cool water.
- In medium pot, cover potatoes, carrots and 1 tsp. salt with water; boil until al dente. Drain and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, pour ½ tsp. balsamic vinegar over red onion and set aside.
- To make vinaigrette, whisk together ½ tsp. salt, black pepper, grated yellow onion, garlic powder, red pepper flakes, remaining balsamic vinegar and olive oil. Set aside.
- To assemble salad, cut potatoes and carrots in thick slices and arrange on large serving platter with peas, eggs, scallions and raw onions. Evenly distribute fish around platter. Drizzle on vinaigrette.
- Bacalao is dried, salted pollock or cod. Soak it well and taste-test to ensure it’s not too salty.
- Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.