Coconut Secret Traditional Coconut Nectar Description
Low Glycemic Sweetener
Non-GMO Project Verified
Health Secrets of Coconut Nectar
When the coconut tree is tapped, it produces a nutrient-rich "sap" that exudes from the coconut blossoms. This sap is very low glycemic (GI of only 35) and contains a wide range of minerals, vitamin C, broad-spectrum B vitamins, 17 amino acids, and has a nearly neutral pH.
Our pure, low glycemic Nectar made from this natural sap, is minimally evaporated only to remove excess liquid and allow the sap to thicken. Some agave syrups are hydrolyzed at temperatures up to 140° F for 36 hours, the end product containing 90% fructose, shown to contribute to obesity, liver disorders, and Diabetes.
Can replace agave/honey/maple syrup at 1:1 ratio.
The naturally sweet, rich flavor of our Nectar is an ideal sweetener for use on pancakes, over cereal, in tea, smoothies and with all your favorite dessert recipies! Our delicious Coconut Nectar does not have a coconutty flavor. Does not need refrigeration.
GMOs, gluten, animal products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: 24
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g||4%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g|
| Total Sugars (Includes 0g Added Sugars)||13 g|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut tree sap nectar.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Banana Nut Dessert Sushi with Cherry Dipping Sauce (vegan)
Sushi for dinner is nice. But sushi for dessert is even nicer. Show your Valentine how truly one-of-a-kind he or she is with a treat just as unique. This sweet spin on sushi combines healthy ingredients such as almond butter, strawberries and bananas to create an aesthetically pleasing dessert dish. Plate it to look like your favorite sushi roll and pair it with a delicious, cherry-red dipping sauce.
Whether you’re celebrating this day of love with your spouse, child or best friend, this light dessert recipe is a great dinner chaser for your Valentine’s Day menu. (For dinner inspo, check out our pink heart-shaped sushi with spicy vegan mayo.)
2 bananas, peeled
2 Tbsp. strawberries, finely chopped
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Smooth & Unsalted Almond Butter
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips
2 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Dried Cranberries
1/4 cup Vitacost Organic Unsweetened Shredded Coconut
1/2 cup pitted cherries, fresh or frozen
2 Tbsp. raw coconut nectar
Handful Medjool dates, pitted
- With butter knife, spread almond butter along top of each banana.
- Pour shredded coconut on plate. Roll bananas in coconut until covered. Transfer bananas to serving plate. (Keep remaining coconut for topping.)
- Layer chocolate chips and dried cranberries on top of almond butter; gently pressing in. Top with strawberries. Lightly sprinkle remaining coconut on top if desired.
- Slice bananas into bit-sized sushi pieces. Serve immediately with chopsticks or freeze for an hour for an ice-cold treat!
- To make dipping sauce, combine sauce ingredients in blender until completely smooth. Spoon into small bowl for dipping.
- To make dipping sauce less creamy, add a few tablespoons of water or coconut water to blender, one at a time, and pulse until desired consistency is reached. (This will create more of a soy sauce-like consistency.)
- Feel free to pile on more toppings such as pumpkin seeds, cherries, kiwi, raisins and homemade granola.