It’s a pajama-wearing, fire-blazing, order-in kind of night. Here’s the problem: One of you suggests pizza but the other wants Chinese. Save your relationship with an irresistible compromise otherwise known as pizza egg rolls. The frozen pizza roll snack gets a major upgrade with fresh, pronounceable ingredients. And by using a spring roll wrapper to hold it all together, you create the perfect balance of two cuisines. Compromise and balance? Relationship goals – accomplished!
Pizza Egg Rolls
12 spring roll wrappers
8 oz. shredded mozzarella cheese
6 oz. pepperoni slices
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and coat a baking sheet with coconut oil.
2. On the middle of one flat egg roll wrapper, add 4 pepperoni slices and a layer of cheese.
3. To roll an egg roll: Position the wrapper so it forms a diamond in front of you.
4. Fold the corner closest to you up toward the top corner, completely covering the filling in the middle.
5. Fold the left corner into the center.
6. Fold the right corner into the center.
7. Roll the wrapper from the bottom up toward the top corner. Continue rolling until the top corner folds over and the egg roll is completely sealed.
8. Repeat for all 12 wrappers.
9. Place pizza egg rolls on a greased baking sheet and bake 15 minutes, or until golden.
10. While baking, prepare dipping sauce: In a medium bowl, add all sauce ingredients and stir until well combined. Top with parsley, if desired.
11. Serve slightly cooled egg rolls with dipping sauce.