Coricidin HBP Max Strength Cold Cough & Flu Description
HBP Cold Relief For People With High Blood Pressure
Body Aches & Pains
temporarily relieve these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
minor aches and pains • headache • cough • sore throat
helps loosen phlegm (mucus) and thin bronchial secretions to make cough more productive
temporarily reduces fever
do not take more than the recommended dose
adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 capsules with water every 4 hours. Do not exceed 10 capsules in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
children under 12 years of age: do not use
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Acetaminophen - Pain reliever/fever reducer||325 mg|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide - Cough suppressent||10 mg|
|Guaifenesin - Expectorant||200 mg|
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause sever skin or severe allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash • hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
If skin or general allergic reactions occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. if you do not know if your prescription drug contains and MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
• if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
• in children under 12 years of age
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• liver disease
• persistent or chronic cough such as occurs with smoking, asthma, or emphysema
• cough is accompanied by (with) excessive phlegm (mucus)
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as for children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.