Coricidin HBP Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Flu Description
Cold Relief For People With High Blood Pressure
Acetaminophen - Pain Reliever/Fever Reducer
Body Aches & Pains
Runny Nose & Sneezing
According to the American Heart Association, people with high blood pressure should be aware that the use of decongestants may raise blood pressure or interfere with the effectiveness of some prescribed blood pressure medications. Coricidin HBP Maximum Strength Multi-Symptom Flu is decongestant-free and provides fast relief from sore throat, cough, fever, runny nose, sneezing, body aches & pains and headache. It's the #1 selling brand of powerful cold medicine specially formulated for people with high blood pressure.
temporarily relieve these symptoms due to a cold or flu:
minor aches and pains
temporarily reduces fever
• do not use more then directed (see overdose warning)
• adults and children 12 years and over: take 2 tablets every 4 hours, while symptoms persist. Do not take more than 10 tablets in 24 hours or as directed by a doctor.
• children under 12 years of age: ask a doctor
• store at room temperature. Avoid excessive heat.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Acetaminophen (Pain reliever/fever reducer)||325 mg|
|Chlorpheniramine Maleate (Antihistamine)||2 mg|
|Dextromethorphan hydrobromide (Cough suppressant)||10 mg|
Liver warning: This product contains acetaminophen. Severe liver damage may occur if you take
• more than 4,000 mg of acetaminophen in 24 hours
• with other drugs containing acetaminophen
• 3 or more alcoholic drinks every day while using this product
Allergy alert: Acetaminophen may cause severe skin or severe allergic reactions. Symptoms may include:
• skin reddening • blisters • rash • hives • facial swelling • asthma (wheezing) • shock
If skin or general allergic reaction occurs, stop use and seek medical help right away.
Sore throat warning: If sore throat is severe, persists for more than 2 days, is accompanied or followed by fever, headache, rash, nausea, or vomiting, consult a doctor promptly.
Do not use
• with any other drug containing acetaminophen (prescription or nonprescription). If you are not sure whether a drug contains acetaminophen, ask a doctor or pharmacist.
• if you are now taking a prescription monoamine oxidase inhibitor (MAOI) (certain drugs for depression, psychiatric, or emotional conditions, or Parkinson's disease), or for 2 weeks after stopping the MAOI drug. If you do not know if your prescription drug contains an MAOI, ask a doctor or pharmacist before taking this product.
if you have ever had an allergic reaction to this product or any of its ingredients
Ask a doctor before use if you have
• liver disease
• trouble urinating due to an enlarged prostate gland
• cough that occurs with excessive phlegm (mucus)
• a breathing problem or persistent or chronic cough as occurs with smoking, asthma, chronic bronchitis, or emphysema
Ask a doctor or pharmacist before use if you are
• taking the blood thinning drug warfarin
• taking sedatives or tranquilizers
When using this product
• excitability may occur, especially in children
• marked drowsiness may occur
• avoid alcoholic beverages
• alcohol, sedatives and tranquilizers may increase drowsiness
• use caution when driving a motor vehicle or operating machinery
Stop use and ask a doctor if
• pain or cough gets worse or lasts more than 7 days
• fever gets worse or lasts more than 3 days
• redness or swelling is present
• new symptoms occur
• cough comes back or occurs with rash or headache that lasts. These could be signs of a serious condition.
If pregnant or breast-feeding, ask a health professional before use.
Keep out of reach of children. Abuse of this product can lead t serious injury.
Overdose warning: Taking more than the recommended dose may cause liver damage. In case of overdose, get medical help or contact a Poison Control Center right away. Quick medical attention is critical for adults as well as children even if you do not notice any signs or symptoms.