Quick! Give your guy a motivating reason to take care of himself. Just because he can pull off that edgy, bad-boy look doesn’t mean he has to have a rough and tumbled complexion. In mere minutes, you can present him with the gift of smooth, touchable skin. Easy, homemade and all-natural, this shave cream is what he never knew he was missing. Using your beau’s favorite scents, he now has a morning man-scape escape. Say so long to a “quick shave” and hello to softer kisses!
DIY Natural Shave Cream for Him
If you know your guy prefers lemon or cedarwood, you can customize this DIY recipe to suit him. Besides, that’s the beauty of DIY!
- Create a double-boiler over the stove, making sure the top bowl or pot is not touch the water in the bottom pot. Turn heat to high so water begins to boil, and then reduce to a simmer.
- Add coconut oil and shea butter, using a spoon or spatula to mix them up a bit. Heat until completely melted, stirring occasionally to help break down all the solids (particularly in the shea butter).
- Remove bowl from heat and add olive oil. Stir to combine.
- Transfer to fridge for a few hours until consistency solidifies.
- Spoon mixture into stand mixer and blend until peaks begin to form.
- Add essential oil and continue to blend until incorporated and you’ve reached desired consistency. Your cream should be light and fluffy.
Note: When using the cream, it will turn to an oil consistency. Don’t be alarmed – that’s the nature of these pure, wholesome ingredients.