Ener-G Egg Replacer™ Description
Ener-G® Egg Replacer greatly simplifies baking for people who cannot use eggs. Ener-G® Egg Replacer contains No Eggs or Egg Derivatives. It is not nutritionally the same as eggs.
Ener-G® Egg Replacer™ is designed for use in baking. It works best in scratch recipes. It will not make scrambled eggs, nor can it e whipped. Although it will work well in some pre-made commercial mixes, it does not work well in others.
Trial and error is the only way to determine its effectiveness with a particular mix. egg Replacer mimics what eggs do in a baking recipe. It is important to put the batter or dough quickly into a pre-heated oven to ensure proper action as a delay will reduce the effectiveness of this product. With yeast raised products there is no need to get products containing egg replacer into the oven quickly.
1- 1/2 teaspoons Ener-G Egg Replacer plus 2 TBSP warm water equals one egg. Mix thoroughly before adding to the recipe.
To measure Egg Replacer accurately, pack (or press) egg replacer down firmly into the measuring spoon. If recipe calls for unbeaten eggs, stir Ener-G Egg Replacer into water (don't beat). If recipe calls for egg whites beaten stiff, beat Ener-G Egg Replacer with water until stiff. If recipe calls for egg yolks, stir 1-½ TSP Ener-G Egg Replacer into 1 TBSP (15mL) water for each egg. Other liquids such as milk or soy milk may be used instead of water if required.
Product packaging displays many recipes.
Eggs, gluten, GMOs, preservatives, cholesterol, added sugar, dairy, nuts, soy, sulfites.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1-1/2 Tsp. (4 g)
Servings per Container: 113
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Total Sugars||0 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Approximate Amino Acid Anaylsis per Serving 1-1/2 tsp (4g)|
|Aspartic Acid||0.16 mg||*|
|Glutamic Acid||0.19 mg||*|
Other Ingredients: Potato starch, tapioca flour, leavening (calcium lactate*, calcium carbonate, cream of tartar), cellulose gum, modified cellulose.
*Calcium Lactate is Not dairy derived. It does not contain lactose.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Baked Broccoli “Cheddar” Tots (Vegan)
Move over cauliflower, there’s a new riced veggie in town and it’s about to make its debut in a tantalizingly tasty tot form! Similar to its cruciferous cousin, broccoli is healthy, delicious and very versatile. For this recipe, we shred broccoli into rice, combine it with almond flour, seasonings and plant-based cheddar cheese to create crispy, better-for-you tots! Enjoy with ketchup
, dairy-free ranch
dressing or dip of choice.
Baked Broccoli “Cheddar” Tots (Vegan)
- 1 stalk broccoli, (cut into florets (around 2 cups))
- 3 Tbsp. water
- 1/2 cup almond flour
- 2 Tbsp. thinly sliced green onions, (optional)
- 1 cup plant-based cheddar cheese, (chopped)
- 1 egg replacer of choice, (prepared)
- 1 garlic clove, (minced)
- 1/4 tsp. onion powder
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/2 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 1/4 tsp. ground black pepper
- In food processor, pulse broccoli florets into rice consistency (you can also use a grater).
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line baking sheet with parchment paper and set aside.
- In small saucepot over medium-high heat, bring water to simmer. Steam broccoli rice over water, covered, until tender (not mushy) for around 3 minutes. Meanwhile, in bowl, combine almond flour, green onions, plant-based cheddar cheese, egg replacer, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper. Drain remaining water into bowl and mix. If mixture is too wet, add more almond flour until you can form it into sturdy tots.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop mixture into hand, one by one, to form into bite-size tot shape. Arrange tots on prepared baking sheet. Bake for 9 minutes, flip, and bake for an additional 8 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with choice of dipping sauces of choice.
- In step three, after steaming broccoli rice, carefully squeeze broccoli to remove excess water if overly moist. Too much water will yield soggy tots, and we don’t want that!
- Order the ingredients you need to make this recipe at Vitacost.com!