Ener-G Rice Flour Gluten Free Description
- Nut Free
- Soy Free
- Wheat Free
- Sugar Free
- Made in USA
No Saturated Fat
A top selling gluten-free flour made of 100% pure white rice flour. Brown rice is extracted by removing the inedible hull of the rice kernel while maintaining the bran.
The brown rice and bran are then polished off into a powder, leaving white rice. The white rice is finally milled into a flour; thus, it becomes White Rice Flour. Though both White Rice Flour and Brown Rice Flour are interchangeable, White Rice Flour will not disrupt the taste of a dish, as it is flavorless.
White Rice Flour is commonly used in gluten-free baking, from breads and muffins to cakes and cookies. White Rice Flour produces a grainier texture in baked goods, so it is typically best to combine it with other gluten-free flours for more balance.
Use as needed in your favorite recipies and foods.
GMOs, gluten, wheat, dairy, sugar, cholesterol.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (50 g)
Servings per Container: 11
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||5||*|
|Total Fat||0.5 g||1%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g||*|
|Total Carbohydrate||32 g||5%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||2%|
| Sugars||0 g||*|
*Daily value not established.
Other Ingredients: White rice flour.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Fresh Herb Sweet Potato Gnocchi
No need to venture to a fancy Italian bistro for your authentic faves. Instead, become your own gourmet chef by making homemade gnocchi! Rich in antioxidants from tasty sweet potatoes, this vegan-friendly, gluten-free dish is light and delicious. Plus, the recipe is easy enough to make two batches at once. Just freeze what’s left over and reheat for a quick meal later in the week!
1 lb. jewel yams, washed
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1/2 tsp. thyme or basil
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 Tbsp. golden flax seed, ground
3 Tbsp. water
1 cup white rice flour
1/4 cup Tapioca starch
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Using fork, prick sweet potato all over. Bake 45-60 minutes depending on size until soft to touch. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- In small bowl, combine flax and water; stir to combine. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Scoop sweet potato out from skin and place in bowl. Mash sweet potato with back of fork or potato masher.
- Add salt, garlic powder, thyme or basil and nutmeg. Add flax mixture and stir to combine.
- Add rice flour and tapioca flour to mashed sweet potato a little at a time, until well combined. Dough will be soft and slightly sticky. Let dough rest for 15 minutes.
- Bring large pot of salted water to boil.
- On dry surface sprinkled with rice flour, roll out dough into several long “snakes.” Cut dough into approximately 1-in. pieces. Using back of fork, apply light pressure and gently roll over gnocchi to mark each piece with small indents.
- Cook gnocchi in several batches, do not overcrowd the pot. Place gnocchi into boiling water. When gnocchi floats to surface, cook 4-6 minutes until firm.
- Remove cooked gnocchi from water with slotted spoon and place in clean dish to keep warm.
- Garnish with a light splash of olive oil and chopped parsley before serving with pesto or your favorite tomato sauce.