Ice cream is nice. But nice cream is nicer – literally! Free of dairy (and animal products in general) this vegan-friendly homemade ice cream is sweetened with fruit and gets its icy-fresh finish from organic peppermint extract. It’s a no-fuss, five-ingredient treat that’s ready in minutes. Plus, it’s actually good for you!
Dairy-Free Peppermint Chip Nice Cream
- 3 bananas (peeled & frozen overnight*)
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup coconut cream**
- 1/2 tsp. peppermint extract
- 3-4 Tbsp. chocolate chips (or 1/3 dark chocolate bar, chopped)
- In blender, combine all ingredients except chocolate and blend until smooth, creamy consistency is forms.
- Transfer to freezer-safe bowl. Stir in chocolate chips. You can eat now, or cover and freeze for at least an hour before serving. It melts quickly, so serve immediately.
*Peel ripe bananas, break in half or thirds, and place in a plastic bag or bowl. Freeze overnight.
**Freeze 1 can coconut milk overnight. The cream will separate from the liquid and rise to the top. When ready to make, open can, carefully scoop out cream and reserve remaining liquid for another use.
Already have the produce on hand? Shop for chocolate, coconut cream and festive peppermint extract at Vitacost.com!