Flora Extra-Virgin Olive Oil Description
- Certified Organic
- Cold-Pressed & Unrefined
- Fresh from the Press
- USDA Organic
Flora's Extra-Virgin Olive Oil comes from the first pressing of certified organic sun-ripened olives. It is a full bodied gourmet oil high in omega-9 monounsaturated fatty acids. Limited and not conclusive scientific evidence suggests that eating about 2 tablespoons (23g) of olive oil daily may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease due to the monounsaturated fat in olive oil. To achieve this possible benefit, olive oil is to replace a similar amount of saturated fat and not increase the total number of calories you eat in a day. One serving of this product contains 14 g of olive oil. Flora's Olive Oil is guaranteed GMO-free and is perfect for baking or light sauteing.
Olive Oil can be used for preparing delicious authentic Italian sauces, flavorful salad dressings, baking and sauteing. Not recommended for deep-frying. For optimum freshness, and use within 12 months after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Tbsp. (15 mL)
Servings per Container: About 33
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Calories from Fat||120|
|Total Fat||14 g||22%|
| Saturated Fat||2 g||10%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
| Polyunsaturated Fat||2.5 g|
| Monounsaturated Fat||8 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||0 g||0%|
|Essential Fatty Acids|
| Omega-3 (Linolenic)||0 g|
| Omega-6 (Linoleic)||2.5 g|
| Omega-9 (Oleic)||8.5 g|
Other Ingredients: Organic extra-virgin olive oil. Nitrogen-flushed to maintain freshness.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Caprese Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto
Many people fall hard when they first try an Italian
caprese salad. With four simple ingredients that seem made for each other, it has a light, uncomplicated charm. This recipe adds a warm twist to that classic mix. Mozzarella, tomato, basil and olive oil meet in a bowl of pasta with loads of fresh herbs and the crunch of crisped prosciutto. It’s a slightly bolder (but just as bright!) way to bring this favorite taste of Capri to your kitchen.
Caprese Pasta with Crispy Prosciutto
- 6 oz. egg fettuccine (or preferred pasta)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pints cherry (or grape tomatoes)
- ½ tsp. fine sea salt
- 8 oz. mozzarella pearls
- 5 Tbsp. or more finely chopped fresh basil
- ½ cup finely chopped fresh parsley
- 2 Tbsp. finely chopped fresh oregano
- 3 garlic cloves, (crushed and thinly sliced)
- Pinch red pepper flakes
- 8 pieces thinly sliced prosciutto
- 1 stalk green onion (thinly sliced)
- 2 tsp. balsamic vinegar (or lemon juice)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Cook pasta according to package directions; reserve 4 Tbsp. pasta water for use later.
- On baking sheet, spread out tomatoes and drizzle with olive oil; sprinkle on salt.
- On wire baking rack, lay prosciutto flat. Place rack directly on top of baking sheet with tomatoes so juices will drip down.
- Place baking sheet and rack into oven. Remove prosciutto after 3-4 minutes, once crispy. Return tomatoes and bake until skins burst, around 25 minutes.
- Crumble prosciutto and set aside.
- In large skillet or Dutch oven over medium heat, heat olive oil; add parsley, oregano, red pepper flakes and garlic; cook until fragrant, around 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Add mozzarella, pasta water and pasta. Mix while still warm so cheese melts slightly.
- Add tomatoes to pasta mixture and gently toss to combine. Let mixture cool for a few minutes.
- Stir in basil and drizzle with vinegar or lemon juice.
- Serve topped with crumbled prosciutto and green onion.
Optional toppings: hot honey drizzle, fried shallots, additional herbs
Note: Refrigerate up to 4 days.
Add the ingredients to your cart to get started!