Frontier Co-op: Ethically Sourced Spices Available at Vitacost
Frontier Co-Op Chipotle Chili Peppers Ground Description
Frontier Co-op® Ground Chipotle Pepper Powder (Capsicum annuum) is named from the Nahuatl word ‘chilpoctli’ which means ‘smoked chili.’ This spice is obtained from dried and smoked jalapeno peppers. It has been used since the time of the Aztecs.
Chipotle is a Mexican ingredient that impacts many kinds of dishes. It is a versatile spice that adds depth to any dish, from savory to sweet. Use it for sauces, soups, sandwiches, quesadillas, pizza, grilled chicken, salad dressings, and much more!
Frontier Co-op Ground Chipotle Pepper Powder has a spicy and distinctly smoky flavor. It features a rich aroma that is both intense and complex. Since this seasoning is smoky and earthy, it has become an essential addition to various dishes that have a little sharpness.
Our chipotle pepper is cultivated and manufactured in the United States using non-irradiated practices. It is kosher certified.
Owned by stores and organizations that buy and sell our products, Frontier Co-op® has been a member-owned cooperative since 1976. We support natural living and our products are never irradiated or treated with ETO. We're committed to the health and welfare of the environment and everyone producing and consuming our botanical products.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Springy Vegan Split Pea Soup With Leeks
Soups are wonderful year-round, and they often evoke different seasons or holidays depending on the ingredients incorporated. There is no doubt that this soup sings spring
! The vibrant green color sparks that increase of energy and vitality that comes with the first hints of warmer weather. The bright taste of the split peas mellows out with the delicately sweet, mild flavor of the leeks. Simmer the soup with a dried chipotle chili pepper, and the balance gains a beautiful smokiness. Topped with crispy sautéed peas, sprouts and a squeeze of lemon, this creamy dream feels powerfully restorative.
Springy Vegan Split Pea Soup With Leeks
- 1 pkg. (15 oz.) Shiloh Farms Organic Green Split Peas (soaked in water for 1 hour, drained and rinsed)
- 2 Tbsp. avocado oil
- 1 cup leeks (chopped)
- 2 cloves garlic (minced)
- 1 Tbsp. fresh dill (chopped)
- ½ cup fresh parsley (chopped)
- Redmond Real Salt (to taste)
- Black garlic powder (to taste)
- Black pepper (to taste)
- 5 cups water (or more depending on desired consistency)
- 1 whole medium-sized dried chipotle chili pepper (or ½ tsp. ground chipotle chili pepper)
- Organic olive oil
- Organic frozen peas
- Salt (to taste)
- Crispy peas
- Beet sprouts or microgreens
- Dash of black garlic powder
- Garlic chives (chopped)
- Squeeze of lemon
- In large pot over medium heat, heat oil. Add leek and garlic and sauté for several minutes until tender.
- Add dill, parsley and whole dried chipotle pepper or ground chipotle powder, if using. Mix well. (Note: Remove and discard whole pepper before serving.)
- Add peas and water and mix well. Season with salt, black garlic powder and black pepper. Bring to boil, then reduce to simmer, cover and cook until smooth, about 25 minutes.
- In small pan, heat oil and add frozen peas and salt. Sauté for 5-10 minutes until crispy. Set aside for use as garnish.
- If desired, use blender or immersion blender to blend pea soup, or serve as is. (Note: Peas will be very soft, so blending is optional.)
- Serve in bowls and garnish with crispy peas, beet sprouts/microgreens, dash of black garlic powder, chives and lemon juice.
Pick up the ingredients you need!