Can’t get enough spicy food? Then you’ll want these jalapeno poppers to make an appearance at your next party. Wrap them in rice paper bacon, stuff them with hummus and dip them in ranch for a unique take on the popular appetizer. You can save strips of bacon from yesterday’s brunch and whip up the ranch dressing in advance for quick and easy prep.
2 cups raw cashews, soaked overnight
2 Tbsp. nutritional yeast
1 Tbsp. all-purpose seasoning blend
2 cloves garlic
1 heaping tsp. dill
1 tsp. crushed red pepper
1 cup water
4-5 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice (1 large lemons)
2-3 Tbsp. fresh lime juice (1 medium lime)
Salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Fill each halved jalapeno with hummus and wrap with rice paper bacon. Place on prepared baking sheet.
- Bake for 20-22 minutes. Broil for 1-2 minutes at the end, careful not to burn.
- Meanwhile, prepare ranch. In a high-speed blender, combine all ingredients and process until smooth, adding more water as necessary to reach desired consistency. Adjust seasonings to taste.
- Serve poppers with vegan ranch.