Frontier Soups Hearty Meals™ Minnesota Heartland Eleven Bean Soup Mix™ Description
Sixteen varieties in Frontier Soups' Hearty Meals™ line create wholesome and delicious meals for families and friends. Easy-to-follow recipes with all the seasonings inside make home cooking SIMPLY SATISFYING.
Soup so good, you'll call it dinner!
You will also need:
1 Smoked Ham Hock (or Smoked Turkey Leg), 29 oz. Can Italian Plum Tomatoes cup-up, 2 C. Onion, 2 C. Celery, 1 Green Pepper, Garlic, 14 to 16-oz., Package Keilbasa Sausage, 2 C. Chicken Breast Pieces, Raw or Cooked
Cooking Time About 5 Hours
This is not a sodium free food.
Certified Gluten Free. Facility not dedicated gluten free.
Makes about 12 12-oz. servings.
What you need:
1 Smoked Ham Hock (Can substitute Smoked Turkey Leg)
12 C. Water
29 oz. Can Italian Plum Tomatoes, Cut-up
4 Stalks Celery, Sliced (2 C.)
2 Onions, Chopped (2 C.)
1 Green Pepper, Chopped
1 t. Garlic, Minced
1 T. Salt
2 C. Chicken Breast Pieces, Raw or Cooked
1 14 to 16-oz. Package Smoked Kielbasa Sausage
This soup will thicken considerably, if made a day ahead, and it freezes beautifully.
Here's what you do:
Rinse, drain and pick over beans from Minnesota Heartland 11 Bean Soup Mix. Place beans into 6 or 8-quart pot with ham hock and cold water.
Raise heat, bring to a simmer, cover and cook on low 3 hours.
Add tomatoes, celery, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt and contents of herb packet. Bring soup back to a boil, reduce heat and simmer covered 1 hour.
Cut up chicken. Slice sausage lengthwise into quarters. Slice crosswise to make little wedges. Add chicken and sausage into soup pot. Simmer 30 minutes and serve.
Enjoy this original Frontier Soups mix and feed a crowd!
Preservatives, MSG, gluten, and added salt.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: About 2 Tbsp. (26 g Dry) About 1 Cup Prepared
Servings per Container: About 18
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||0|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||15 g||5%|
| Dietary Fiber||8 g||32%|
| Sugars||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Dried beans, peas, lentils, parsley and spices.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Summer Garden Vegetable Stew
There’s nothing dull about this stew
! Vibrant in taste and color, this vegetable stew recipe takes the best of seasonal summer veggies
and mingles them beautifully. Garlic and capers add character to classic stew ingredients like potatoes and green beans. Drizzle with homemade fresh herb purée for even brighter flavors, and you have a hearty, nutritious, plant-based
bowl of deliciousness.
Summer Garden Vegetable Stew
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 medium-sized sweet onion (minced)
- 2 garlic cloves (minced)
- 1 bell pepper (red, orange or red, medium dice)
- 1-1/2 cups green beans or flat Italian beans (trimmed, cut into pieces)
- 2 cups tricolor baby potatoes (halved)
- 2 cups vegetable stock (or water)
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tsp. salt
- Dash pepper (to taste)
- 1-1/2 Tbsp. capers (rinsed)
- 2 summer squash (green and yellow, medium dice)
- 2 ears corn
- Handful fresh basil and parsley (chopped)
- 1 cup basil and parsley leaves (loosely packed)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Pinch salt
- In medium pot, heat olive oil on medium heat. Sauté onions, garlic and peppers 2-3 minutes until slightly softened.
- Add water or stock and stir in green beans, potatoes, cherry tomatoes, bay leaves, salt, pepper and capers. Bring to boil, lower heat to simmer, cover and cook for 15 minutes.
- Stir in summer squash and corn; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Taste and add salt if needed.
- To make herb purée, add cleaned and dried herbs, olive oil and salt to blender. Puree until smooth.
- Mix in chopped fresh herbs right before serving, and drizzle individual portions with herb purée.
Shop these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.