HU Organic Dark Chocolate Baking Gems Description
Get Back to Human
3 Simple Ingredients
Certified Gluten Free
Non-GMO Project Verified
We are obsessed with high quality real food that tastes delicious. We apply these exacting standards to everything we do and we are constantly evolving as we learn more about the food industry.
GMOs, gluten, refined sugar, cane sugar, dairy, sugar alcohols, stevia, soy lecithin, sunflower lecithin.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 2 Tbsp. (30 g)
Servings per Container: 8
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||13 g||17%|
| Saturated Fat||8 g||40%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||13 g||5%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||10%|
| Total Sugars||9 g|
| Includes 9g Added Sugars||17%|
|Vitamin D||1 mcg||6%|
Other Ingredients: Organic cacao, organic unrefined coconut sugar, organic fair-trade cocoa butter.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Chocolatey Chickpea Brownies
Chickpeas in brownies? Don't knock it 'til you try it. Made with wholesome, plant-based ingredients, these vegan brownies are as delicious and fudgy as they are nutrient-dense and unique. They’re loaded with four sources of chocolate to ensure maximum craveability and are easy to make because the batter comes together in a blender!
Chocolatey Chickpea Brownies
- 1/3 cup Milkadamia Unsweetened Macadamia Nut Milk (or almond milk)
- 6 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1/2 cup Hu Vegan Dark Chocolate Gems
- 1 can (15 oz.) chickpeas (drained)
- 3 Tbsp. chickpea water
- 3/4 cup SunButter Sunflower Butter
- 2 Tbsp. Nutiva Buttery Coconut Oil (or vegan butter)
- 6 Tbsp. coconut sugar
- 3 Tbsp. cacao powder
- 2 BHU Foods Protein Bites in Double Dark Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1/8 tsp. salt (omit if nut butter and chickpeas contain salt)
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 cup Bob’s Red Mill Paleo Flour
- 4 Tbsp. vegan chocolate chips (divided, for folding in and for topping)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line 8x8-inch brownie pan with parchment paper.
- In skillet, heat non-dairy milk and maple syrup until almost boiling. Remove from heat. Add chocolate chips and mix until melted and smooth. Set aside.
- In food processor, combine chickpeas, nut butter, coconut oil, coconut sugar, cacao, vanilla, lemon juice, Bhu protein bites, salt, flour, baking soda and melted chocolate mix. Process until mixture is smooth.
- Fold 2 Tbsp. chocolate chips into batter and transfer immediately to brownie pan. Use spatula to even out top.
- Bake 25 minutes. Cool 10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve with whipped coconut cream or vanilla nice cream and sprinkle with extra chocolate chips. Refrigerate up to 5 days.
Get the ingredients you need to bake these unique and tasty treats.