Take a chill pie. While summer is the perfect time for outdoor adventure, high temps can make anyone lose their cool. So make sure you take a breather…and a pink lemonade pie. These light summer desserts are like a cold drink in your hand. Even though they’re frozen, you can savor every refreshingly tart bite. In fact, the longer you sit back and snack, the calmer you’ll be.
Makes 8 mini pies
Macros per mini pie: 406 calories | 11 g protein | 31.6 g carbs | 26.2 g fat | 4.2 g sugar | 6 g fiber
Oat Flour Crust
Pink Lemonade Pie Filling
1 cup coconut cream
1/2 cup coconut butter
3 Tbsp. Vitacost Organic Tart Cherry Juice Concentrate
1/4 cup lemon juice
Zest of 1 lemon
2 scoops ARO Vanilla Whey Protein Complex PLUS
1/4 cup Vitacost Xylitol
1. Fill a muffin pan with 8 silicone liners or baking cups.
2. In a large bowl, combine all crust ingredients. Stir until mixture becomes crumbly but still holds its shape when pressed together. If mixture doesn’t hold, add a tablespoon of water.
3. Evenly spoon crust mixture into each baking cup. Using your fingers, press down mixture and spread to cover the bottom of the cup.
4. In a food processor, combine all pie filling ingredients. Blend until completely smooth.
5. Pour filling over crust until baking cup is about two-thirds full. Repeat until for all 8 mine pies.
6. Place muffin pan in freezer for at least 4 hours to set.