Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar Description
Coconuts seem to get all the attention, but look beyond the flashy fruit and you'll find the coconut palm tree bears another delicious gem. Enter the coconut blossom, the source of our delicious Organic and NOn0G<O Coconut Sugar. Surprisingly, it doesn't taste bit like the fruit of the coconut. Organic coconut sugar has its own subtle taste, making it a perfect 1:1 replacement for refined sugar. You can enjoy it in all of your favorite things from baking to smoothies, coffee, tea and more. Organic coconut sugar includes naturally occurring nutrients magnesium, potassium zinc, iron, B vitamins and Amino acids. What more could you want from a sweetener?
Great for baking. 1:1 Replacement for sugar.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (4 g)
Servings per Container: 113
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||4 g|
Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut sugar.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Gluten-Free Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
Welcome spring or celebrate Easter or Passover with this healthier, gluten-free version of a classic layered carrot cake. It’s super moist and flavorful, with a melt-in-your-mouth texture made even more special with a luscious vegan
lemon mascarpone cream. The soft, crumbly cake, with its rich flavors of cinnamon, carrot and coconut, marries perfectly with the tart taste and creamy texture of the frosting. Raise a fork and celebrate hope, renewal and deliciousness!
Carrot Cake with Vegan Lemon Mascarpone Cream
- 3.2 oz. gluten-free oat flour
- 3.2 oz. brown rice flour
- 3.2 oz. almond flour
- 3 Tbsp. potato starch
- 1/3 cup shredded coconut
- 1-1/2 tsp. cinnamon powder
- 1-1/4 tsp. aluminum-free baking powder
- 3/4 tsp. baking soda
- 1/8 tsp. Himalayan pink salt
- 6 oz. grated carrot
- 5 oz. coconut sugar (or regular sugar)
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 7 Tbsp. non-dairy milk
- 3 Tbsp. flaxseed meal
Lemon mascarpone cream
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut whipping cream
- 1/2 lb. silken tofu
- 4 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 3-4 tsp. lemon juice
- Zest of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp. melted coconut oil
- Preheat oven to 380 degrees F. Line quarter sheet cake pan with parchment paper.
- In large bowl, combine flaxseed meal and 7-1/2 Tbsp. water and set aside until thickened.
- To bowl, add oil and milk and whisk well. Add rest of wet ingredients and mix well.
- To same bowl, add all dry ingredients and mix well.
- Add white vinegar and mix.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth down evenly.
- Bake 15 minutes at 380 degrees F, then reduce to 360 degrees F and continue to bake 10 more minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Allow to cool completely, wrap and refrigerate overnight.
- Wrap tofu in several layers of paper towel, place between plates and add weight on top. Let drain overnight in refrigerator.
- Chill coconut whipping cream overnight in refrigerator.
- Set out mixing bowl. Open can of coconut cream and scoop out solidified cream on top and place in bowl. With electric hand mixer, beat until whipped.
- Add remaining mascarpone ingredients and continue to beat until smooth. (Note: Drained tofu weighs about half as much as solidified cream.)
- Cut chilled cake into two equal halves, place one half on plate and carefully spread lemon mascarpone cream on top. Place other half of cake on top and spread with more cream. Pipe with remaining cream. (Note: Because the cake is crumbly, if necessary, cut it crosswise and join pieces together on plate.)
- Chill at least 30 minutes before serving.
Get the quality ingredients you’ll need to create this cake!