Madhava Organic Coconut Sugar Description
Coconuts seem to get all the attention, but look beyond the flashy fruit and you'll find the coconut palm tree bears another delicious gem. Enter the coconut blossom, the source of our delicious Organic and NOn0G<O Coconut Sugar. Surprisingly, it doesn't taste bit like the fruit of the coconut. Organic coconut sugar has its own subtle taste, making it a perfect 1:1 replacement for refined sugar. You can enjoy it in all of your favorite things from baking to smoothies, coffee, tea and more. Organic coconut sugar includes naturally occurring nutrients magnesium, potassium zinc, iron, B vitamins and Amino acids. What more could you want from a sweetener?
Great for baking. 1:1 Replacement for sugar.
Gluten and GMOs
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (4 g)
Servings per Container: 113
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||0 g||0%|
| Sugars||4 g|
Not a significant source of calories from fat, saturated fat, trans fat, cholesterol, dietary fiber, vitamin A, vitamin C, calcium, iron
Other Ingredients: Organic coconut sugar.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
View printable version
Gluten-Free King Cake for Mardi Gras
No food says Mardi Gras like a colorful king cake! If you want to partake in the festivities but follow a gluten-free diet, this gluten-free king cake recipe is just for you. Made with a Simple Mills Vanilla Cake Mix, it’s easy to make and still far more satisfying than anything store-bought. Not only is this recipe gluten-free, it’s also dairy free, using grapeseed or coconut oil instead of butter. When it's time to color your cake, look for green, purple and gold sugars that are naturally colored.
Gluten-Free King Cake
- 2 boxes Simple Mills Gluten-Free Vanilla Cupcake & Cake Mix
- 6 eggs
- 2/3 cup grapeseed or coconut oil (melted)
- 2/3 cup water
- 2 Tbsp. vanilla
- 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
- 1 large lemon (zested)
- 1-1/2 cups raw pecans (chopped)
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 2 cups powdered sugar made with tapioca or arrowroot starch
- Green purple and gold naturally colored sugars
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and grease a Bundt or tube pan with coconut oil or dairy-free butter. Sprinkle 2 tsp. dry cake mix into pan, rotating pan and tapping sides until pan is evenly coated.
- In large bowl, combine oil, water, vanilla, eggs, nutmeg and lemon zest with whisk.
- Add cake mix and continue to whisk until well-blended.
- In small bowl, combine chopped pecans and coconut sugar.
- In prepared pan, pour ½ batter and sprinkle pecan-sugar mix over batter. Cover with remaining batter.
- Bake 35-40 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove pan from oven and invert on wire cooling rack. Allow cake to cool 10 minutes before gently releasing cake from pan.
- To make glaze, bring ¼ cup water to simmer and stir 2 cups powdered sugar into water. Add more as needed to achieve desired consistency. (Note: Glaze will thicken as it cools.)
Grab these ingredients and more at Vitacost.com.