Prepare these no-bake bites for your family this year and they’ll be on the hunt for more than just candy-filled plastic Easter eggs. That’s right, these truffles are best made in multiple batches (and you can send any extras to Vitacost HQ!).
Unlike many festive treats in this category, these vegan, egg-shaped chocolate truffles are made with better-for-you ingredients free of dairy and GMOs. They’re super easy to make and so much fun to eat! Just combine the ingredients and freeze until you’re ready to serve.
Side note: Are we allowed to promise that these egg-shaped truffles are the most adorable things you’ve seen this year!? If we’re obsessed, your kids will be too.
3 Tbsp. vegan butter, room temperature
1/3 cup + 1 Tbsp. coconut sugar
1 Tbsp. maple syrup
2 tsp. vanilla extract
3/4 cup almond flour
3/4 cup white whole wheat flour
2 Tbsp. almond milk
1/2 cup Vitacost Semi-Sweet Chocolate Mini-Chips
1/4 tsp. salt
For dipping the truffles
3/4 cup vegan chocolate or 1/2 cup vegan semi-sweet chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
- In bowl sift almond flour, white whole wheat flour and salt. Set aside.
- Using stand or hand mixer, beat vegan butter with coconut sugar until smooth. Add maple syrup, vanilla extract and mix.
- Add flour mix and stir slowly to combine. Add almond milk and fold in chocolate chips.
- Pinch a small piece of dough and mold it into an egg shape. (You can also use an egg mold for this.) Repeat with remaining dough.
- Line egg truffles on parchment paper and freeze for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Once dough is frozen, melt chocolate with coconut oil and dip each "egg" truffle into melted chocolate.
- Using fork, place each dipped truffle onto parchment paper.
- Sprinkle with coconut, cocoa powder or sprinkles immediately. Freeze until solid.
For more Easter fun, make this DIY natural Easter egg dye with the kids!