NOW Real Food Organic Crystallized Ginger Dices Description
- From Our Family to Yours
- Low in Sodium
- No Preservatives
- No Sulfur Added
- USDA Organic
- Non-GMO Project Verified
Did you know that Ginger was so treasured for its distinctive flavor that it was the basis of the world’s economy for centuries? Or that dynasties rose and fell solely on control of the ginger trade? Talk about clout! Today Ginger is still one of the most popular spices in the world.
NOW Real Food® Organic Crystallized Ginger Dices contain no added sulfur and are produced from the finest natural ginger rhizomes. They add an exotic flavor to many recipes, and they’re perfect for homemade candy-making. Best of all, you can eat them right out of the bag for a serious burst of flavor!
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food™ has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
Preservatives and added sulfur, GMOs.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (40 g)
Servings per Container: 11
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
| Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||35 g||13%|
| Dietary Fiber||1 g||4%|
| Total Sugars||28 g|
| Includes Added Sugars||26 g||52%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
Other Ingredients: Organic cane sugar, organic ginger root.Packaged in a peanut-free facility that processes tree nuts
Product of China. Packaged in the USA.
This product contains no added sulfur, however, naturally occurring sulfites may be present.
The product packaging you receive may contain additional details or may differ from what is shown on our website. We recommend that you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Protein Cookies
If you’re in the soft-and-chewy camp, you’ve come to the right place. Unlike their snappy cousins, these sweet treats have a gingerly touch. And it’s not just their cloud-like texture and glowing protein profile. To create A-one ginger cookies, there are three feisty forms of ginger: fresh, ground and crystallized. In the end, you have a ginger cookie that’s bursting with flavor without breaking your teeth – and there’s nothing wrong with that.
1-1/2 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 cup, plus 1 scoop Designer Protein Vanilla Sunshine Organic Protein Powder
4-1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. fine ground sea salt
2/3 cup fine ground natural cane sugar
1/4 cup unsulphured molasses
1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
1-1/2 Tbsp. fresh ginger, peeled and grated
1 large egg, beaten
Zest of 2 lemons
1 cup crystallized ginger, finely minced
Dark Chocolate Drizzle (optional)
2 Tbsp. Designer Protein Vanilla Sunshine Organic Protein Powder
10 oz. dark chocolate chips
1 Tbsp. coconut oil
1/2 cup crystallized ginger, finely minced
Flaked sea salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour, protein powder, ground ginger, baking soda and sea salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together sugar, molasses, coconut oil, egg and lemon zest until smooth.
- In two batches, fold flour mixture into wet mixture, stirring until there are no lumps. Be careful not to overmix.
- Fold in crystallized ginger to incorporate.
- Using a spoon or melon scoop, drop about 1 tablespoon of dough onto prepared baking sheet. Place dough mounds about 2 inches apart. Set in freezer for 5 minutes.
- Bake 12 minutes. At about the 8-minute mark, use a spatula to flatten dough balls into cookie shape. This will help them become chewier.
- Move cookies to cooling rack and let set 15-20 minutes. Meanwhile, prepare the drizzle.
- In a double boiler, melt chocolate and coconut oil. Once smooth, whisk in protein powder until fully incorporated.
- Using a fork, drizzle chocolate over cooled cookies. Top with crystallized ginger and sea salt, if desired.