NOW Real Food Organic Raw Sunflower Seeds Unsalted Description
- New Look same Great Taste!
- Hulled For Great Taste
- Excellent Source of Vitamin E and Magnesium
- Good Source of Fiber
- Fresh & Wholesome - No Added Oils
- Non GMO Project Verified
- USDA Organic
The Sunflower is one of the largest flowers in the world. And while its tiny seeds aren't nearly as big, they make up for it by being bin in nutrition! As with many nuts and seeds, sunflower seeds are a good source of fiber, and they offer a diverse profile of vitamins and minerals, including vitamin E and magnesium.
NOW Real Food® Sunflower Seeds can be eaten by the handful or used in recipes. They make an excellent addition to breads, cookies, salads and more.
Fresher ingredients simply taste better, which is why this product is packaged using NOW Fresh Fill Technology to maximize flavor and freshness.
For over 50 years, Now Real Food® has been committed to providing the highest quality foods using only the finest ingredients. We're independent, family owned and proud of it. Now that's keeping it real.
Refrigeration recommended after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (35 g)
Servings per Container: About 13
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
|Total Fat||18 g||23%|
| Saturated Fat||1.5 g||8%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||7 g||3%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||11%|
| Total Sugars||1 g|
| Includes 0g Added Sugars||0%|
|Vitamin D||0 mcg||0%|
|Vitamin E||12 mg||80%|
Other Ingredients: Organic Hulled Sunflower Seeds.
Packaged in a peanut-free facility that processes tree nuts.
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Dairy-Free Sunflower Tzatziki Sauce
Are the clear blue waters and sandy beaches of the Mediterranean calling your name? Whether you’re planning your vacation itinerary or simply traveling in your mind’s eye, this vegan tzatziki sauce recipe will bring a bit of the Mediterranean to your own home. Prep a vegetable platter or pack a pita, then add this savory 10-ingredient dip that uses sunflower seeds in place of Greek yogurt. Opa!
1 cup raw sunflower seeds, soaked
1/2 tsp. nutritional yeast
1 tsp. apple cider vinegar
1 cup seedless cucumbers, peeled and grated
3 Tbsp. fresh dill, chopped
1 Tbsp. fresh parsley, chopped
1 clove garlic, quartered
1-1/2 cups water, add more if needed
4 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- In a colander, sprinkle grated cucumber with teaspoon of salt. Cover with a plate and add heavy object (like a can of food) to help drain out water for 20 minutes. Squeeze out remaining juice with your hands.
- In blender or food processor, combine sunflower seeds, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, garlic and water. Process until smooth.
- Add drained, grated cucumbers and herbs. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Blend again until combined and smooth. If necessary, add more water to reach desired texture.
- Before serving, refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours.