NOW Real Food Raw Almond Flour Description
- Always Non-GMO
- Healthy Low Carb Substitute for Flour
- Natural Source of Healthy Fatty Acids
- Your Recipe's Secret Ingredient
Almonds aren't just a healthy snack food; they're also an excellent addition to many other popular foods. Almonds can also be used to make a wholesome and delicious flour that can be substituted for white flour in almost any recipe.
NOW Real Food® Raw Almond Flour is 100% pure, unblanched, gluten-free, and low in carbs, making it a healthy, and tasty, alternative to bleached white flour. Almond Flour adds a rich texture and color to your favorite baked goods.
Fresher ingredients simply taste better, which is why this product is packaged using NOW Fresh Fill Technology to maximize flavor and freshness.
Because you are what you eat, NOW Real Food® has been committed to providing delicious, healthy, natural and organic foods since 1968. We're independent, family owned, and proud of it. Keep it natural. Keep it real.
When substituting Almond Flour for other flours used in recipes, use roughly the same amount of Almond Flour, but reduce the amount of liquid slightly. As with most recipe substitutions, some experimentation may be necessary to obtain the best results.
Refrigeration recommended after opening.
*These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
Serving Size: 1/4 Cup (24 g)
Servings per Container: About 26
|Amount Per Serving||% Daily Value|
| Calories from Fat||110|
|Total Fat||12 g||18%|
| Saturated Fat||1 g||5%|
| Trans Fat||0 g|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
| Dietary Fiber||3 g||12%|
| Sugars||1 g|
Other Ingredients: Raw almond flour (non-GMO).
The product you receive may contain additional details or differ from what is shown on this page, or the product may have additional information revealed by partially peeling back the label. We recommend you reference the complete information included with your product before consumption and do not rely solely on the details shown on this page. For more information, please see our full disclaimer
Vegan Almond-Pistachio Cookies
Cut-out cookies are a lot of fun and can bring us back to childhood. But what about now that your eating preferences are more plant friendly? This recipe for vegan cut-out cookies uses flax “eggs” and vegan butter for a wholesome treat sure to please your more evolved palate. Made with almond flour and sprinkled with almonds and pistachios, they’re a grown-up dessert with a punch of protein. And with a hint of citrusy, sweet cardamom they’re perfect for dipping in tea.
Vegan Almond-Pistachio Cookies
- 1-¼ cups organic all-purpose flour
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. Redmond Real Salt
- ¾ tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ cup vegan butter (softened)
- 1 cup organic cane sugar
- 2 tsp. organic vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. almond extract
- Coconut oil (melted (for brushing))
- ¼ cup slivered almonds (chopped)
- ¼ cup pistachios (chopped)
- 2 tsp. flaxseed meal
- 5 tsp. water
- Optional: ¼ tsp. grated lemon zest
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- To make flax “eggs,” in small bowl, combine flaxseed meal and water. Let rest for 5 minutes to thicken. Set aside.
- In medium bowl, whisk together flours, baking powder, salt and cardamom. Set aside.
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer 3 minutes, or mix manually until light and fluffy.
- Beat in flax “eggs,” vanilla, almond extract and lemon zest, if using.
- Add flour mixture in two batches, beating on low speed until combined, or mixing manually until well combined.
- Shape dough into disk and wrap in plastic wrap or cover with kitchen towel. Chill 1 hour, or until firm.
- With rolling pin, roll out half of dough to 1/4-inch thickness on floured work surface.
- With 2-inch cookie cutter or shape cutters, cut out cookies and arrange about 1 inch apart on baking sheets. Repeat with remaining dough. Brush cookies with coconut oil, then sprinkle with sugar. Place 1 large pinch of chopped nuts in center of each cookie, and press lightly.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until edges start to brown. Transfer to wire racks to cool.
Add the ingredients to your cart to order now!